News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I really should not have taken this online writing class.

1. The class software SUCKS ASS AND IS CONFUSING
2. It's down all the fucking time
3. The instructor is making up for all the class time we aren't getting by making us do stupid fill-in-the-blank citation exercises
4. There seems to be more actual homework than there is for any of my other classes
5. I do not have time for this shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh also,

I decided to take the class because I don't have any classes on Friday. I figured that would give me a whole day to do the reading and assignments.The class started on a Monday and new assignments are posted every Sunday.

Guess when assignments are due?

The Thursday of the week they're posted. It's complete bullshit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 03:29:41 AM
Oh also,

I decided to take the class because I don't have any classes on Friday. I figured that would give me a whole day to do the reading and assignments.The class started on a Monday and new assignments are posted every Sunday.

Yeah, I noticed in college that writing profs seem to have some kind of inferiority complex, and make things deliberately harder, which of course makes people hate their classes.

They all secretly wish they were teaching differential equations, I think.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Reminder to self:  You're not 22 anymore.  Wait til heart rate goes ALL THE WAY BACK DOWN after a workout before lighting up.  Saves on the whole "fall down on your face" thing.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 18, 2013, 03:31:45 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 03:29:41 AM
Oh also,

Yeah, I noticed in college that writing profs seem to have some kind of inferiority complex, and make things deliberately harder, which of course makes people hate their classes.

They all secretly wish they were teaching differential equations, I think.

I wish they were teaching differential equations, too. This shit is making me hate writing. Also, you know what the theme of the class is? Food politics. It's all shit that I agree with, but I agree with it because I've already researched it, and that makes this so interminably boring I can hardly stand it.

I hate this class.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 18, 2013, 03:33:25 AM
Reminder to self:  You're not 22 anymore.  Wait til heart rate goes ALL THE WAY BACK DOWN after a workout before lighting up.  Saves on the whole "fall down on your face" thing.

Uhhh yeah, that'll get ya.  :lol:

Smoking fucks my lungs so hard these days that if I succumb to temptation and have a cigarette one night when I'm out, I'll cough and wheeze for the next two days. It sucks. But, it's probably just as well, because it's a good deterrent.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 05:03:35 AM

Smoking fucks my lungs so hard these days that if I succumb to temptation and have a cigarette one night when I'm out, I'll cough and wheeze for the next two days. It sucks. But, it's probably just as well, because it's a good deterrent.

They really fuck up hangovers too. Instead of that sluggish sort of I don't want to move hangover, you get the nauseous everything smells horrible type. It's why I don't inhale anymore. You still get the need to smoke, but it keeps all of the cruddy away.

Side note, I can't headbang anymore. I still do it but I feel terrible the next day.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got an e-cigarette... pretty good approximation of smoking, IMO.

Headbanging is terrible for your brain... might as well huff glue.

Pope Pixie Pickle

argh. Woke up after bad sleep because of hip pain in MORE PAIN.

Gotta get to the doc, I guess.

Reginald Ret

De fuck?
I am almost 30 and everybody here is falling apart!
Now I know PD is just a reflection of my subconcious mind.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: :regret: on April 18, 2013, 12:25:43 PM
De fuck?
I am almost 30 and everybody here is falling apart!
Now I know PD is just a reflection of my subconcious mind.

I've been getting it on and off since 2006, so..

Sita

This apartment is making me sick, I think.
There is a measurable difference going from inside to outside. Like the air is heavy as soon as you walk in.
Don't know how much of it is the fact that we seldom are able to have the windows open. Or the fact this has been one of my slow weeks and there is a high stack of dishes on the counter.

I just know that I'd rather be outside right now, even if it's already getting warm.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on April 18, 2013, 07:45:57 AM
argh. Woke up after bad sleep because of hip pain in MORE PAIN.

Gotta get to the doc, I guess.

I had shitty pain in my left hip for years, after getting hit by a car when I was a teenager.

I don't recommend this as a cure, but having babies fixed it. Something about all my ligaments loosening up.

Do you have a chiropractor?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sita on April 18, 2013, 02:40:01 PM
This apartment is making me sick, I think.
There is a measurable difference going from inside to outside. Like the air is heavy as soon as you walk in.
Don't know how much of it is the fact that we seldom are able to have the windows open. Or the fact this has been one of my slow weeks and there is a high stack of dishes on the counter.

I just know that I'd rather be outside right now, even if it's already getting warm.

Can you go outside? Might be a good time for a walk.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 05:03:35 AM

e-cig time, anyway.

Christ, I feel awful.  There is nothing quite like the first 2 weeks back at the gym.