News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Conquest of the Planet of the Bride of the Son of the Return of the Open Bar

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 08, 2013, 09:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm really excited because today, if all goes well, I'm getting a new (to me) bike. :) It's an aluminum-frame Specialized Sirrus, red, with fenders and a rack. I'm SO STOKED.

My only worry is that it's an XS, and at 5'3" I'm right on the borderline between XS and S. I really hope it's a good fit. I really want a lightweight bike for riding downtown because parking is impossible and expensive, and since bus passes are $100/month it will pay for itself in no time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

sweet. :)
my wife and i got Specialized bikes about 6 years ago, and have been very satisfied with them.

Sita

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 06:00:25 PM
Quote from: Sita on April 18, 2013, 02:40:01 PM
This apartment is making me sick, I think.
There is a measurable difference going from inside to outside. Like the air is heavy as soon as you walk in.
Don't know how much of it is the fact that we seldom are able to have the windows open. Or the fact this has been one of my slow weeks and there is a high stack of dishes on the counter.

I just know that I'd rather be outside right now, even if it's already getting warm.

Can you go outside? Might be a good time for a walk.
I was outside for a bit while waiting with my son for the bus, and will be again this afternoon waiting for him to get home. Which I enjoy the hell out of that time when school is in.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 18, 2013, 06:09:49 PM
sweet. :)
my wife and i got Specialized bikes about 6 years ago, and have been very satisfied with them.

Yeah, this one has really good reviews and my friend who's selling it really loved it. It's a 2005. Last time I bought a bike was about 14 years ago, and it's a heavy-ass 1986 Univega. I love it but it's time for an upgrade to something more practical for commuting.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: Pixie on April 18, 2013, 07:45:57 AM
argh. Woke up after bad sleep because of hip pain in MORE PAIN.

Gotta get to the doc, I guess.

I had shitty pain in my left hip for years, after getting hit by a car when I was a teenager.

I don't recommend this as a cure, but having babies fixed it. Something about all my ligaments loosening up.

Do you have a chiropractor?

Chiropractor on the NHS? heh. I'll be lucky...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pixie on April 18, 2013, 06:26:27 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: Pixie on April 18, 2013, 07:45:57 AM
argh. Woke up after bad sleep because of hip pain in MORE PAIN.

Gotta get to the doc, I guess.

I had shitty pain in my left hip for years, after getting hit by a car when I was a teenager.

I don't recommend this as a cure, but having babies fixed it. Something about all my ligaments loosening up.

Do you have a chiropractor?

Chiropractor on the NHS? heh. I'll be lucky...

Aw. :(

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 18, 2013, 06:01:49 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 05:03:35 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 18, 2013, 03:33:25 AM
Reminder to self:  You're not 22 anymore.  Wait til heart rate goes ALL THE WAY BACK DOWN after a workout before lighting up.  Saves on the whole "fall down on your face" thing.

Uhhh yeah, that'll get ya.  :lol:

Smoking fucks my lungs so hard these days that if I succumb to temptation and have a cigarette one night when I'm out, I'll cough and wheeze for the next two days. It sucks. But, it's probably just as well, because it's a good deterrent.

e-cig time, anyway.

Christ, I feel awful.  There is nothing quite like the first 2 weeks back at the gym.
At least you are going to the gym, In the last three years I've been working at a desk I've gained three stone.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on April 18, 2013, 08:33:18 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 18, 2013, 06:01:49 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 05:03:35 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 18, 2013, 03:33:25 AM
Reminder to self:  You're not 22 anymore.  Wait til heart rate goes ALL THE WAY BACK DOWN after a workout before lighting up.  Saves on the whole "fall down on your face" thing.

Uhhh yeah, that'll get ya.  :lol:

Smoking fucks my lungs so hard these days that if I succumb to temptation and have a cigarette one night when I'm out, I'll cough and wheeze for the next two days. It sucks. But, it's probably just as well, because it's a good deterrent.

e-cig time, anyway.

Christ, I feel awful.  There is nothing quite like the first 2 weeks back at the gym.
At least you are going to the gym, In the last three years I've been working at a desk I've gained three stone.

That's why I'm back in the gym.  I haven't gained any stones, but I put a lot of weight back on.  So it's back to the gym to peel it off, then STAY at the gym this time, so I don't have to deal with the HORRIBLE PAIN of the first 2 weeks.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

And now, off to work. Good chatting, today. I always like feeling as if I've used my brain for something before I go to my job and have my brain explode from stupid.

Enjoy your afternoon, PD.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Have fun, CPD! Or at least as non-bad a time as possible!

I gotta get my ass on an essay I need to have finished in two hours. Gah.

Cain

Well, I just convinced my new employers I am retarded.  I forgot to sign one part of my contract, so they had to send it back to me.  I briefly considered signing it "Herp Derp" by way of apology, but apparently Swiss courts are pretty serious about contracts and things.

I'm thinking I'm going to spend next summer hiking.  All of it.  Living in London made long walks unpalatable and occasionally dangerous, and I miss being able to roam the countryside freely.  Fortunately, Switzerland has some awesome hiking routes, as one would expect. 

Salty

Quote from: Cain on April 19, 2013, 12:19:45 AM
Well, I just convinced my new employers I am retarded.  I forgot to sign one part of my contract, so they had to send it back to me.  I briefly considered signing it "Herp Derp" by way of apology, but apparently Swiss courts are pretty serious about contracts and things.

I'm thinking I'm going to spend next summer hiking.  All of it.  Living in London made long walks unpalatable and occasionally dangerous, and I miss being able to roam the countryside freely.  Fortunately, Switzerland has some awesome hiking routes, as one would expect.

That is super rad. As my mother is moving to the Stuttgart area I hope to be in that part of the world more often. Perhaps we can meet up for expensive alcohol sometime.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 19, 2013, 12:09:22 AM

We have a new employee. She is in her 50's and used to own her own business of a similar sort as ours. Sold food. Made sandwiches. Is not unfamiliar with the delicate art that is the Philly Cheesesteak.

Today she made one and put ALL the tools on the hot surface of the grill. And wondered why the plastic handles melted on to it.

Other than that, it was okay. :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 19, 2013, 05:51:59 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 19, 2013, 12:09:22 AM

We have a new employee. She is in her 50's and used to own her own business of a similar sort as ours. Sold food. Made sandwiches. Is not unfamiliar with the delicate art that is the Philly Cheesesteak.

Today she made one and put ALL the tools on the hot surface of the grill. And wondered why the plastic handles melted on to it.

Other than that, it was okay. :P

First day nerves or used to using wooden handles?

(could just be derpy, but it's her first day, I'm bein charitable)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 19, 2013, 12:19:45 AM

That made me laugh, and then feel bad, and then feel envious of the hiking, which makes no sense given where I live.