News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

YOU HAVE 5 HOURS TO MAKE CORRECTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, March 09, 2013, 07:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

This is good to know.

It sucks because I feel like I'm expected to give a really good essay about the music aspect, and I feel like the drug abuse aspect is so obvious that I don't want to take it. But at the end of the day that's what I know. I know a musician junkie. And I hate it because it's a fucking trope, you know?

But at the end of the day, my former best friend is a junkie musician. And I'm reasonably certain he stole one of my guitars. And he's my fucking cousin.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Don Coyote

I highly doubt you have to write about the music only or specifically.

Don Coyote

Also it all depends on your thesis more than your broad topic.  yes drugs are very obvious but way you specifically say the drugs mean may be non obvious.

LMNO

The thing is, the story, while ostensibly about music and/or heroin, seems to be about how two people deal with suffering.  Near the end, Sonny equates listening to music (the gospel choir) with shooting heroin.  For him, they're both ways to escape.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 11, 2013, 03:27:39 PM
The thing is, the story, while ostensibly about music and/or heroin, seems to be about how two people deal with suffering.  Near the end, Sonny equates listening to music (the gospel choir) with shooting heroin.  For him, they're both ways to escape.

Yeah, but if I was listening to a gospel choir, I'd tell people that I was doing heroin.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 11, 2013, 03:27:39 PM

The way Sonny describes music though.... I don't get it. It's not like it's an escape. It's more like it's a compulsion. Hmmm.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS