News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Hugo Chavez is dead

Started by Cain, March 06, 2013, 12:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Royal Fecal Tornado on March 09, 2013, 07:03:09 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/03/hugo_chavezs_preserved_body_to_be_kept_on_display_at_a_venezeula_military_museum.html

The story doesn't bug me so much, but mainly because I cannot see past the fact that the editor of that news outlet didn't notice that someone put "'s" to show the possessive tense of a word that already ends in Z.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, that shit's just WEIRD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 09, 2013, 09:37:33 PM

Today's English usage would make Mark Twain cry.  Like this --->  :cry:

Only with a kickass mustache to soak up the tears.

I think we need an emote.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Sita

Ok I'm gonna admit my ignorance and lack of remembering stuff from elementary school, but why wouldn't you put a 's after a z?
Is it the same reasoning as you don't put one after an s? (though I don't remember why that is either, just that s' is preferred to s's)
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

I was talking about the corpses of preserved dictators on public display... but that, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 11, 2013, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

I was talking about the corpses of preserved dictators on public display... but that, too.

Oh, I'm all about that.  I put my bid in on Lenin's freeze-dried ass when the iron curtain fell, but they weren't selling.  WTF?  I can buy a Kilo class submarine, but not some stiff?

So much for Russia moving to a free market economy.  :tgrr:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.