News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Hugo Chavez is dead

Started by Cain, March 06, 2013, 12:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Royal Fecal Tornado on March 09, 2013, 07:03:09 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/03/hugo_chavezs_preserved_body_to_be_kept_on_display_at_a_venezeula_military_museum.html

The story doesn't bug me so much, but mainly because I cannot see past the fact that the editor of that news outlet didn't notice that someone put "'s" to show the possessive tense of a word that already ends in Z.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, that shit's just WEIRD.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 09, 2013, 09:37:33 PM

Today's English usage would make Mark Twain cry.  Like this --->  :cry:

Only with a kickass mustache to soak up the tears.

I think we need an emote.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Sita

Ok I'm gonna admit my ignorance and lack of remembering stuff from elementary school, but why wouldn't you put a 's after a z?
Is it the same reasoning as you don't put one after an s? (though I don't remember why that is either, just that s' is preferred to s's)
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

I was talking about the corpses of preserved dictators on public display... but that, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 11, 2013, 03:29:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

I was talking about the corpses of preserved dictators on public display... but that, too.

Oh, I'm all about that.  I put my bid in on Lenin's freeze-dried ass when the iron curtain fell, but they weren't selling.  WTF?  I can buy a Kilo class submarine, but not some stiff?

So much for Russia moving to a free market economy.  :tgrr:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.