News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

On the one hand, we shouldn't even need this shit...

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, March 11, 2013, 03:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Sita

It really is sad that there is a need for a law to tell people to use common sense.
What's even worse is that there isn't every single parent at the school where these stupid suspensions are happening getting outraged and making the school change policy. The "It's not my kid" and "That's just how it is, what can you do?" way of thinking has become too entrenched I fear.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Anna Mae Bollocks

IME, the parents often DO get outraged.
Nobody gives a shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: stelz on March 11, 2013, 04:17:55 PM
IME, the parents often DO get outraged.
Nobody gives a shit.

I've said it a dozen times...This is the sort of shit America DEMANDED for decades.  The hair shirt punishment freaks INSIST on voting for people who will "get tough on crime" in a system that is already tough on crime.

Eventually, to get elected, you have to expand your working definition of crime.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Let me see if I have this straight there is no effort to legislate at all on gun ownership or access to guns.

but if a twelve year old makes a pretend gun people raise hell?

For me that is worse then no effort at all.

Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 11, 2013, 04:31:04 PM
Let me see if I have this straight there is no effort to legislate at all on gun ownership or access to guns.

Faust, it's almost impossible to explain to a European just exactly how insane the United States is.  Canadians have a good idea, in the same sense that you might know that your neighbor is a little nutty, but you've never been in his basement, so you don't know exactly how nutty he is.

We're that neighbor.  And those Goddamn Canucks aren't seeing the basement without a warrant.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Quote from: Sita on March 11, 2013, 04:07:58 PM
It really is sad that there is a need for a law to tell people to use common sense.
What's even worse is that there isn't every single parent at the school where these stupid suspensions are happening getting outraged and making the school change policy. The "It's not my kid" and "That's just how it is, what can you do?" way of thinking has become too entrenched I fear.

THIS.  If this happened at my daughter's school the Super, Principal, and School Board would be getting an earful on a daily basis until they reversed course. 

I'm surprised the school didn't ban pop-tarts. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 04:40:46 PM

Faust, it's almost impossible to explain to a European just exactly how insane the United States is.  Canadians have a good idea, in the same sense that you might know that your neighbor is a little nutty, but you've never been in his basement, so you don't know exactly how nutty he is.

We're that neighbor.  And those Goddamn Canucks aren't seeing the basement without a warrant.
It's just a new level, I can accept there are people who don't want regulation, and I can accept that there are people who do, so now we have a third group who don't really want to deal with the issue of actually owning guns, but want to feel involved so they get outraged when a kid points a poptart at someone menacingly. That is going to take a while to get my head around.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 11, 2013, 05:10:54 PM

THIS.  If this happened at my daughter's school the Super, Principal, and School Board would be getting an earful on a daily basis until they reversed course. 

Because schools really DO reverse course if you stay on their ass, instead of lying and trumping up even MORE absurd shit on your kids.

RWHN: Makes a big pretense of enforcing sobriety because he's mainlining Derpfairy dust.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I think the Pop Tart looks like a square stylized penis and balls, and they need to press charges on this kid for molesting himself.

Sita

Quote from: stelz on March 11, 2013, 05:24:25 PM

I think the Pop Tart looks like a square stylized penis and balls, and they need to press charges on this kid for molesting himself.
Please don't give them any more ideas  :horrormirth:
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 11, 2013, 05:18:21 PM

It's just a new level, I can accept there are people who don't want regulation, and I can accept that there are people who do, so now we have a third group who don't really want to deal with the issue of actually owning guns, but want to feel involved so they get outraged when a kid points a poptart at someone menacingly. That is going to take a while to get my head around.

I wouldn't, if I were you.  There's nothing there but a headache, at best.

The Good Reverend Roger

This is the face of zero tolerance, RWHN.

AFK

Quote from: stelz on March 11, 2013, 05:22:52 PM

Because schools really DO reverse course if you stay on their ass, instead of lying and trumping up even MORE absurd shit on your kids.

It just happened here.  The school department wanted to go through a redistricting process and shuffle kids all over the place.  The citizens got together, said "Fuck No!", and the school nixed the redistricting.  It took some work and rallying to pull it off but it did work.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 11, 2013, 05:58:41 PM
Quote from: stelz on March 11, 2013, 05:22:52 PM

It just happened here.  The school department wanted to go through a redistricting process and shuffle kids all over the place.  The citizens city councilmen's families and other smalltown "elite" got together, said "Fuck No!", and the school nixed the redistricting.  It took some work and rallying to pull it off but it did work.