News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, March 11, 2013, 03:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

And the national temper tantrum continues.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Oh c'mon stelz, don't be like that. What's one more bullshit lie from the mouth of a teacher?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah, and Mississippi's already wrecked anyway. It's like putting too much salt in shit stew.  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Quote from: stelz on March 11, 2013, 08:15:24 PM
Yeah, and Mississippi's already wrecked anyway. It's like putting too much salt in shit stew.  :horrormirth:

I think Mississippi gave up awhile ago and now it's just waiting for Nessies to swim up the pike and show it what it's been praying for all these years.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 11, 2013, 08:55:12 PM

I think Mississippi gave up awhile ago and now it's just waiting for Nessies to swim up the pike and show it what it's been praying for all these years.

Revelation 9:6

That is all.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 09:04:13 PM

That is all.

http://bible.cc/revelation/9-6.htm

QuoteAnd in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

That's not one of the more cheerful revelations, is it? O.o

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 11, 2013, 09:11:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 09:04:13 PM

That is all.

http://bible.cc/revelation/9-6.htm

QuoteAnd in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

That's not one of the more cheerful revelations, is it? O.o

I'm a big fan of 11:18, which is not beloved of republicans.

Oh psshaw. The earth LOVES fracking. It tickles.

Seriously, though, if I were a believer and a Republican, I'd be sleeping on a bunch of thick towels for the night sweats.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 11, 2013, 09:15:21 PM

Seriously, though, if I were a believer and a Republican, I'd be sleeping on a bunch of thick towels for the night sweats.

Fracking?  HAR!  You know that famous pic of fracking?  Turns out that's actually a pic of the coal sludge disaster from a few years back. 

You worry about fracking.  I'll worry about offshore rigs and reactors.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 09:16:31 PM

Fracking?  HAR!  You know that famous pic of fracking?  Turns out that's actually a pic of the coal sludge disaster from a few years back. 

There's a famous fracking picture? Must go see. Wouldn't surprise me it's a fake.

Offshore rigs blow up and are all contained out on the water. What could possibly go wrong? Besides, the nice companies that own them keep them in tip-top shape and clean everything up asap, right? And reactors only fail in second-rate countries like Japan. So we don't have anything to worry about. Although I'd hate to be in Russia, ho-ho!

That last paragraph is a slightly paraphrased quote from one of my co-workers. I thought you'd appreciate the hilarity. Also? Dolphins and tuna are the same animal. Bet you didn't know that.

Pergamos

I'm curious how they'll react when the Muslim kid wants to lead a prayer.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 11, 2013, 09:20:40 PM

There's a famous fracking picture? Must go see. Wouldn't surprise me it's a fake.

Offshore rigs blow up and are all contained out on the water. What could possibly go wrong? Besides, the nice companies that own them keep them in tip-top shape and clean everything up asap, right? And reactors only fail in second-rate countries like Japan. So we don't have anything to worry about. Although I'd hate to be in Russia, ho-ho!

That last paragraph is a slightly paraphrased quote from one of my co-workers. I thought you'd appreciate the hilarity. Also? Dolphins and tuna are the same animal. Bet you didn't know that.

Thing is, bullshit about flaming tap water, earthquakes, and misused pictures hurt the cause they're trying to espouse.  Fracking DOES carry very real risks, as does any mining or drilling operation.  But you're going to get more crud out of an open pit copper mine than you will from any fracking operation. 

In fact, in terms of environmental damage, coal (especially) and copper are the worst...but they're not new and sexy, so they get largely ignored by environmentalists.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on March 11, 2013, 09:27:22 PM
I'm curious how they'll react when the Muslim kid wants to lead a prayer.

They'll let the free market handle the problem (ie, the Muslim kid will get his ass kicked sideways after school, by the Good Christian™ children).

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 11, 2013, 09:27:50 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 11, 2013, 09:20:40 PM

Thing is, bullshit about flaming tap water, earthquakes, and misused pictures hurt the cause they're trying to espouse.  Fracking DOES carry very real risks, as does any mining or drilling operation.  But you're going to get more crud out of an open pit copper mine than you will from any fracking operation. 

In fact, in terms of environmental damage, coal (especially) and copper are the worst...but they're not new and sexy, so they get largely ignored by environmentalists.

We don't have copper mines where I grew up, but they are starting to frack in the strip mines so I guess that's where my head went. You're right about people making shit worse with the false hype. There's so many different groups doing so many different stupid things . . . if the revelation magically came true, in the literal sense, I wonder how many people would be left standing after everyone who destroys the earth is destroyed.