News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

I didn't realize SXSWers were such penises until...

Started by navkat, March 12, 2013, 12:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Anna Mae Bollocks

Well yeah, everybody knows that. It's a gauntlet you have to run if there's a band you want to see. And your friends there are pissed and stressed, because THEY HATE SX TOO.

Admittedly, if I had a few hundred to blow on taxis in bumper to bumper traffic and fleabag hotel rooms (which are surely booked solid now) I'd go hang for a couple of days and catch a few Meat Puppets shows and Roky Erickson. It BLOWS GOATS missing that. But trying to shove my way through the fucking hipsters for that amount of time is a fucking ORDEAL. Sometimes you can find minor mercies in poverty.  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Shit like THIS is the reason a taxi ride that normally costs $20 can end up running about $100. And you're going to need taxi rides, because Capital Metro shuts down way before the clubs do. Like about 11...about the time YOUR band might be going on. It's also FUBAR at this time. And friends don't ask friends to drive them anywhere in that shit. I made that mistake once. Only time I've ever seen the guy pissed.

navkat

Anna Mae Bollocks

I should be seeing the Pupps in April, anyway. Need some kind of hashtag for "NOTHING SUCKED SINCE IT WASN'T SXSW".
It'll rock when these people leave:

Quote from: SXSW gameYou go to the Doritos Invention Tent, where a very intense-looking man describes to a packed room of Tweeters about how now-obsolete Iraq war drones are being re-engineered and repurposed to distribute tiny light-refracting particles into weak atmospheric zones in order to reduce global warming...
The audience gasps and applauds. In the question-and-answer portion a woman raises her hand and says she is a teacher and this is her first South-by-Southwest and she talks about her students for about ten minutes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hahahaha I went to SXSW 20 years ago as a photographer for a local music paper... I don't think I ever actually read the article.

It was not so bad at the time... there was no such thing as the Internet for most people and cell phones still weighed three pounds. I saw a shit ton of bands.

I had a press pass though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks