News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

2nd Generation Discordians

Started by Doobie, March 14, 2013, 08:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doobie

My parents were Discordian. Is this the case for anyone else? It's definitely an odd position. Also, anyone here have any kids? If so, do you talk to your kids about the sort of things usually talked about here?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doobie on March 14, 2013, 08:22:43 AM
My parents were Discordian. Is this the case for anyone else? It's definitely an odd position. Also, anyone here have any kids? If so, do you talk to your kids about the sort of things usually talked about here?

No, I don't talk about this sort of thing with my kids.  I've spent a couple of decades pointing at stupid stuff and saying "See that?  Don't do that.".  My daughter posts here, but not because I suggested it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My kids know I'm Discordian and have an open invitation to start posting here at any point after they turn 14 (which my oldest is not at all interested in doing), and we have interesting philosophical and political conversations. I don't know if that answers your question.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

It's a non-issue. Mine have a fairly Discordian mindset because we're just that way anyway (but who in their right mind doesn't question things or like a good joke?), not because they read a bunch of stuff or any of that. They've done posterGASMs and stuff with me, but what kid wouldn't?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division