News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Wont see this in many stories about the new Pope

Started by Cain, March 14, 2013, 04:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Juana Go? on March 14, 2013, 06:09:51 PM
This, I believe for sure. Liberation theology was not well met with by the Vatican, either.

The various factions are still fighting like it's Vatican II.  Liberation Theology is almost as bad as mass no longer being given in Latin.  No joke.

Junkenstein

I''m not hearing many Mafia grumblings. I would have thought something curious and violent would have occurred by now. Cain?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pergamos

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 14, 2013, 04:37:22 PM
I was gonna ask about that. A powerful figure in Argentina is almost GUARANTEED to have filth on their hands.

So why did the college of Cardinals choose  him instead of a cardinal who had helped protect people from an abusive regime?

Junkenstein

Quote from: Pergamos on March 14, 2013, 07:30:23 PM
I was gonna ask about that. A powerful figure in Argentina is almost GUARANTEED to have filth on their hands.

So why did the college of Cardinals choose  him instead of a cardinal who had helped protect people from an abusive regime?

I would suspect the word we may be looking for is "patsy"
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Because they're still fighting Vatican II.

He was a compromise choice between an Italian and the need to bolster the South American Church against Protestant encroachment.

As for the Mafia, I have no clue.  As far as I know, the Mafia-Vatican banking axis is more or less defunct nowadays.

Junkenstein

Cain

Well, when HSBC practically has a preferential treatment for organised crime program running, there isn't so much need to rely on the kiddy-fiddlers in robes, you know?

Junkenstein

True, I just thought it'd be good practice to spread the risk around a few places. Seems a bit eggs in one basket.

Cain

If that basket's got state-backed impunity, it's a pretty good basket to choose.

Junkenstein

Good point, well made.

Too big to fail, jail or assail really.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Pergamos on March 14, 2013, 07:30:23 PM

Because he had the other guy tortured and killed. Ba-dum-tsssh. (rimshot)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Juana Go? on March 14, 2013, 04:58:58 PM
I kind of think it's shitty to castigate millions of priests just because some of them are really shitty people. Don't get me wrong, I despise the Vatican itself and trust the upper echelon of the Church about as far as I can throw it, but most priests are no more evil than anyone else.

Oh, I know, I was exaggerating a bit out of disgust. I was raised Catholic and still have a soft spot for it. I felt bad when the sex scandel broke and everyone was painted with the same broad brush. But I also learned what one of the priests at my first parish did to someone close, and how he was just transferred to another parish, or possibly to whereever old creepy priests go to retire. And that it wasn't the first time he had been transferred.

Priest at second parish died under....embarassing circumstances. And while I don't believe anything illegal was involved, or perhaps there wasn't time to find anything illegal, when one of the other priests tried to address it with some of the local higher-ups, he was transferred out of the area.

But that still doesn't speak for EVERY priest out there. I suppose it's really just disgust with the institution as opposed to each priest individually.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Ah yes, left wing smears...from all those right wing Argentinian military officers, who testified to his actions during the dirty war.

Sneaky Communist bastards.  I bet they secretly make Catholic priests sexually molest kids, too.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division