News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Zen Without Zen Masters

Started by Bobby Campbell, March 19, 2013, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Hi Everybody! :fnord:

I've been meaning to check back in w/ you fine folks, and was finally reminded to by my current project:

I'm working on interior art now, but am somewhat conflicted b/c I really like the original illustrations, and am trying to persuade the publisher, editor, etc to let me preserve most of them.

The book seems like a classic to me, and I'd rather not fuck it up if I can help it!

Bu🤠ns

Oh that'll be sweet!  Couldn't you keep an appendix of the original illustrations in the back. I mean your style would be a pretty awesome take on that as well.

Bobby Campbell

Ah I like the idea of an appendix of the original images! Thx much!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hmmm, neat! I love that book, and I'm looking forward to seeing your take on the illustrations.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Gorightly

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on March 19, 2013, 03:50:40 AM
Hi Everybody! :fnord:

I've been meaning to check back in w/ you fine folks, and was finally reminded to by my current project:

I'm working on interior art now, but am somewhat conflicted b/c I really like the original illustrations, and am trying to persuade the publisher, editor, etc to let me preserve most of them.

The book seems like a classic to me, and I'd rather not fuck it up if I can help it!

You might want to touch base with John Carr. He's Camden's literary executor.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 20, 2013, 05:23:35 AM
Hmmm, neat! I love that book, and I'm looking forward to seeing your take on the illustrations.

Thanks Nigel!  They're coming along slowly but surely.  I'll post some progress soonish. (If only for my own motivational purposes)

Quote from: Gorightly on March 23, 2013, 09:31:31 PM

Hey Adam!

I don't have contact info for him, but all this stuff gets run by the rights holders, so I figure he'll get his say before too long.

Thanks!

bc

Bobby Campbell

No new progress yet, but here's towards getting into the spirit of the thing!

For ye graphic designers: The Sacred Chao I made for the cover is copylefted/public domain. Just in case it might come in handy sometime.

LARGER VERSION:
http://www.weirdoverse.com/downloads/SACRED-CHAO_(GOLD)_(1280px).png

LARGER VERSION:
http://www.weirdoverse.com/downloads/SACRED-CHAO_(SILVER)_(1280px).png

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on May 15, 2013, 04:01:55 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 20, 2013, 05:23:35 AM

Thanks Nigel!  They're coming along slowly but surely.  I'll post some progress soonish. (If only for my own motivational purposes)

Quote from: Gorightly on March 23, 2013, 09:31:31 PM

Hey Adam!

I don't have contact info for him, but all this stuff gets run by the rights holders, so I figure he'll get his say before too long.

Thanks!

bc

Bobby, I do, if you need it PM me.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 10, 2013, 04:18:00 AM
Bobby, I do, if you need it PM me.

I appreciate that, PD!

I don't think I particularly want to go behind the publisher's back w/out good reason, but I'll totally throw my contact info out there: rgc777@gmail.com

Thanks!

Bobby Campbell

I was able to persuade the publisher to keep the original interior art and instead let me add chapter illustrations.
(I may end up tinkering w/ these some more, but this is where I'm at currently)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bu🤠ns

I love how in the Zen of Sex the figures and the background tend to converge....that' exactly how I see it too.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]