News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

AND FURTHERMORE AND BECAUSE AND FUCK YOU AND I GOT NOTHING TO SAY.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 19, 2013, 07:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Look, you fuckers, it ISN'T treason, and I will NOT confess.  It IS NOT heresy, and I will NOT recant.  Sure, I fucking did it, and so would YOU, if you had any fucking balls.  Johnny Cash did it, and flipped everyone the bird.  James Brown did it, and brayed laughter out the window of his car, while cops chased him across FOUR STATES.  Patrick Henry did it, just to show he wasn't afraid to stick his neck in a noose.  But you WON'T do it.  You'll TALK about it.  You'll scream 'YEEHAW' at that scabby little wimp Ted Nugent, and you will 'HELL YEAH' at Goddamn Fox News down at your local saloon, but you WON'T FUCKING DO IT.

Martin Luther King did it in jail, Mohammad Ali did it to a federal judge's face.  Gandhi did it in the face of the entire British empire.  Ozzy Osbourne did it while pissing on the Alamo, and you didn't see a single po'bucker with the GUTS to punch him out for it.  They were small, crawling things, and he was a raging maniac that was too fucked up to give a DAMN what anyone thought.

Martin Luther nailed it to the church door, Schindler did it to the Nazis, Joe Hill did it to the man until they KILLED him...and...and...and...

FURTHERMORE

Loving did it to the state of Virginia and Ru Paul did it to a million screaming bigots.  Wayne Newton did it to the Las Vegas mob, Daniel Shays did it to George Washington, right after Washington did it to King George III. 

And what about you?  Did YOU do it?  I bet you didn't.  I bet you PLAN to do it, or SHOULD have done it, or TALK A REALLY GOOD GAME ABOUT IT.  I bet you elbow your buddies and tell them you're gonna DO IT one fine day, just not right now, on account of the game is on, pass the fucking Miller High Life.

BUT REMEMBER

Louis Armstrong did it and Scatman John does it, and Medgar Evers did it til they SHOT him, and Sitting Bull did it ALL DAMN DAY, and Chocise and Geronimo just DIDN'T GIVE A FUCK and KEPT DOING IT, long after it had gone out of fashion.

So spare me the stories about how you're GONNA do it, if they by Jesus PUSH YOU ONE MORE TIME, because they've pushed you YOUR WHOLE GODDAMN LIFE, and you didn't do SHIT, and you WON'T NOW.

HOWEVER

The FUNNIEST part is, Obama didn't do this to you, and Dick Cheney didn't either.  Leon Blankenfein didn't do it to you, nor did Henry Kissinger or Robert MacNamara or Pope John Paul II.  No, you stupid shit, YOU did this to you, and so if you really ever get the urge to GO AHEAD AND DO IT, just punch yourself in your own stupid face.

But while you're doing it, SHUT THE FUCK UP.  I'm tired of hearing about it, and how you're gonna do it. 

Some day.

OR KILL ME.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bradley Manning did it while they tortured him, and Julian Assange did it and ran like hell, laughing like a mad bastard.  King Canute did it up to his knees in the ocean, and the dance band on the Titanic did it while the ocean was coming to them.  Jackie Robinson did it for the love of the game and Rosa Parks did it just because HER FEET HURT.

John Dillinger did it every chance he got, and he didn't stop til they shot him from AMBUSH, because he was TOO MUCH for them to deal with MANO-E-MANO.  Billy the Kid did it until he was shot in the back in the DARK, for THE SAME GODDAMN REASON, and, you know, I'm trying to say...

BESIDES THAT

Neil Armstrong did it in vacuum, death by boiling blood less than TWO INCHES AWAY.  C Everett Koop did it while his boss screamed and BOTH sides of the aisle wanted him dead!  Huey Newton did it and H Rap Brown did it and Angela Davis NEVER STOPPED DOING IT, and she'll kick your junk right up around your ears TO THIS DAY if you give her any shit about it.

So there's no reason YOU can't do it, except for maybe all those Goddamn EXCUSES you have for NOT doing it and I tell ya, The Crack awaits you, you horrible little monkeys.  So don't tell me WHY you can't do it, because I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.  YOU KNOW WHY?

BECAUSE

Audie Murphy did it and Sergeant York did it AND Smedley Butler did it and then had the STONES to come home and tell the TRUTH about it.  Amelia Earhardt did it, Liberace did it, and the landing craft at Normandy were NUT-TO-BUTT FULL OF FUCKERS DOING IT.

So, yeah.  Tell me how you're gonna do it.  But save us both the trouble, and tell me AFTER you do it.

OR KILL ME.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Anna Mae Bollocks

Sitting Bull did it until they HACKED HIM TO PIECES.
And I think if he had it to do over again, he's DO IT again.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

MMMW

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

FUCK YES

TALKING about dissent is all well and good, but it only means something if you DO IT.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

insideout

There's been times in my 51 years that I've done it and there's been times that I've bent over and taken it up the ass like a good little boy.

Wish I knew which version of me was going to be in charge at any given moment.  Or not.

I'll say this.  Doing it is usually the hard choice.  Sometimes it's worth it and sometimes it isn't.   Sometimes it's better to just undercut the motherfuckers from the inside and be the rot in the core of their precious little system.  And the truth is, sometimes I just don't care enough to do the hard thing. 

I don't think there is any good fix for not caring, and not having enough motivation, ya know? At least I haven't found it.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I did it on a cold March day with no gloves on, blowing kisses at cameras and quaking in my boots. I did it on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial under the disapproving glare of a security guard. I did it on some Anonymous January with a megaphone and the whole world watching. My mom did it on the docks and escaped from the handcuffs. My grandmother did it in combat boots. My great-grandmother did it at the polling booth, then her husband had to arrest her and feed the kids alone that night.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on March 21, 2013, 04:32:29 PM
I did it on a cold March day with no gloves on, blowing kisses at cameras and quaking in my boots. I did it on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial under the disapproving glare of a security guard. I did it on some Anonymous January with a megaphone and the cameras rolling. My mom did it on the docks and escaped from the handcuffs. My grandmother did it in combat boots. My great-grandmother did it at the polling booth, then her husband had to arrest her and feed the kids alone that night.

PREACH IT, SISTER GOGIRA!
\
:hammer:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If you do it with a clipboard, a vest, and a hardhat, it takes them longer to realize you're doing it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Sita

Since it appears everyone but me understands the OP can someone please explain it? I feel like I'm missing out on something.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

tyrannosaurus vex

Hellen Keller did it in the dark, Samuel Clemens did it from the other side of 1900, and George Orwell did it with a quantum telescope.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.