News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

AND FURTHERMORE AND BECAUSE AND FUCK YOU AND I GOT NOTHING TO SAY.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 19, 2013, 07:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 22, 2013, 05:27:05 PM
QuoteAnd there is a LOT of money and a LOT of power put into trying to make sure we don't do that. And, there is a pretty good body of research that indicates that the more "individualistic" we are as a society, the more we conform, and fear dissent.

And that's why I'm a discordian.  And that's why I get so manic when I see people thinking "Discordian" means "tell the same tired-ass jokes and hot dog bullshit so that everyone will know you're in on the joke and one of them".  TOTALLY FUCKING THE DOG THERE, JUNIOR.

I can understand why some people get burnt out on the truth and want to spend some time cooling their head by sticking it in the clouds for a little while. Not everyone's got the guts to roll around in the muck all the time.

But when people insist that "that shit is too serious for Discordianism," I wanna slap them in the Stupid. Discordians are part of a very small number of people that have a slightly better-than-average chance to see things without blinders, and you're going to squander that chance on fucking fnords and hot dogs?!

navkat

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 04, 2013, 05:28:58 PM
Bump for use elsewhere.

I've got a thing to be at in a couple hours, can I flyer this shit up to hand out? NC, Attribution, might make some edits?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 05, 2013, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 04, 2013, 05:28:58 PM
Bump for use elsewhere.

I've got a thing to be at in a couple hours, can I flyer this shit up to hand out? NC, Attribution, might make some edits?

Okay with this.  See PM.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Can I get a YES?

Can I get a HELL YES?

Can I get a TAKE THIS TO THE WALL HALLELUJAH???
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 18, 2015, 01:05:14 AM
Can I get a YES?

Can I get a HELL YES?

CAN I GET A WITNESS?

I should do something with this.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 18, 2015, 02:50:02 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 18, 2015, 02:05:46 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 18, 2015, 01:05:14 AM
Can I get a YES?

Can I get a HELL YES?

CAN I GET A WITNESS?

I should do something with this.

HAIL YEAH.

AND FURTHERMORE

Harriet Tubman did it
with little more than
the love of God,
a pistol,
a plan,
and

the help of those others
risking their

necks
to do it with her.

The trip was one-way
AND GOD HELP YOU

if cold feet
or an
empty belly

set you to griping about it
or thinking you could backtrack
on it.

GOD HELP YOU!!

Sometimes love has to be harder,
and colder,
than the steel barrel
suddenly under your chin,
the steady eyes,
the ivory GRIN
that implies
that you're going to be doing it
all the way to the end.

That end could have been then and there,
but not one
ever
tested
her.

In that moment doing it meant staying alive.

AND THAT MEANT

It was time
to sit still and

KYFMS!!!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 19, 2015, 08:46:52 PM
PREACH IT, BROTHER!

It hit me while trying to go to sleep in my comfy little box-apartment. I practically heard the hammer cock and realized that NOT getting out of bed and burning an extra hour or so to see what was behind the impulse would have been weak as fuck. It would surely be much less rewarding to stay comfy and get an extra hour of sleep in the end. Also possible ghost bullets.

I don't really care if spiritual things are real or not. I'm happy to have been motivated by the ridiculous idea that HARRIET TUBMAN hijacked some of my neurons and seemingly said, "Get your tired ass up and write a few things down white boy."

This is the kind of thing you invite into your world when you PD before bed.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 19, 2015, 10:44:23 PM
PREACH IT, BROTHER!

It hit me while trying to go to sleep in my comfy little box-apartment. I practically heard the hammer cock and realized that NOT getting out of bed and burning an extra hour or so to see what was behind the impulse would have been weak as fuck. It would surely be much less rewarding to stay comfy and get an extra hour of sleep in the end. Also possible ghost bullets.

I don't really care if spiritual things are real or not. I'm happy to have been motivated by the ridiculous idea that HARRIET TUBMAN hijacked some of my neurons and seemingly said, "Get your tired ass up and write a few things down white boy."

It's kind of beautiful.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 19, 2015, 11:36:20 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 19, 2015, 10:44:23 PM
PREACH IT, BROTHER!

It's kind of beautiful.
The most terrible things tend to be.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl