Main Menu

The Saga of Asobiden

Started by Remington, March 28, 2013, 01:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It is SKINLESS and BREATHES FIRE.

Gross!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

So do we get to find out what happened with the forgotten beast?

Eater of Clowns

I think it ate Remi.

Myself and my army or 200,000 BEES! humbly request to take his place.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Remington

Sorry, it's been a busy week. Update will be up tonight.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

30th Felsite, 132 (Late Spring)

Thankfully, we managed to contain the creature before it murdered any of our citizens. We have walled off all access in or out of the cavern, blocking out both the Forgotten Beat and and our hopes of mining the exposed adamantine.

It is still lurking there, out of sight beneath the deep waters. Waiting for us to slip up and provide it with a path into Asobiden.

Meanwhile, I have issues of a more administrative concern to be dealing with. Yet more migrants have arrived, boosting our population up to 55 citizens. Over half of them are idling around in the gathering area right now due to lack of work, and the bedrooms STILL haven't been dug out or furnished. Forget forgotten beasts, it seems more likely nowadays that I'll just get my skull split open by an angry immigrant with a pick.

For the moment I've ordered everyone currently slacking off to start smoothing out the dining room hall and working on the surface walls/towers. It's not strictly necessary, but I need to keep them busy.

Annoyingly, despite so many dwarves claiming no work to do, there is an entire crop of mushrooms going stale in the farms just waiting to be plucked. No one seems to be inclined to go and pick them.

Is it plugged in?

Remington

20th Hematite, 132 (Early Summer)

The magma forges have FINALLY been dug out. Cainad and TGRR dug through the floor of the forge level and broken through to a vast ocean of magma. Multiple veins of the precious adamantine were spotted protruding from the bottom of the hellish ocean.

One of the veins came up through the area designated for ore storage, and the miners had already dug through half of it when I received word. I ran down to see for myself and immediately ordered the miners to stop digging. For some reason, just looking at the half-excavated vein made my skin crawl. Cainad had been spreading horror stories about the Truemetal throughout the fortress, and I wasn't entirely sure that those stories were false. Better to be cautious and leave the adamantine alone for now. We have no idea how to process it, anyway.

Is it plugged in?

Remington

25th Hematite, 132 (Early Summer)

Now that we have smelters and forges running, we need metal ore to work with. I've ordered a large vein of tetrahedrite (copper and silver ore) to be dug out. The hauling and smelting of this will provide lots of work for our layabout workforce.

Also, the bedroom level is finally dug out. Now we just need to make 50 doors, beds, cabinets, and chests. Somedays I hate my job.
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You hate your job? Who do you think has to make all those things! And nary a word of appreciation from the others, let me tell you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

Somehow Remington seems to know where a vein of metal will go, as if he has been consulting with dark forces.  I peered at the guts of a chicken to see if I could gain any insights, but they were only bloody.

Remington

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 14, 2013, 04:07:32 PM
You hate your job? Who do you think has to make all those things! And nary a word of appreciation from the others, let me tell you.
Yes, but I'm the person who has to TELL you to make all the things. And that can be very stressful.

Quote from: Pergamos on April 14, 2013, 04:41:01 PM
Somehow Remington seems to know where a vein of metal will go, as if he has been consulting with dark forces.  I peered at the guts of a chicken to see if I could gain any insights, but they were only bloody.
It's a dfhack command called "digvx". I use it because it's not unreasonable to tell a bunch of dwarves "Go there and dig out all the X ore, you know what it looks like".
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on April 14, 2013, 08:52:22 PM
Yes, but I'm the person who has to TELL you to make all the things. And that can be very stressful.

It's a dfhack command called "digvx". I use it because it's not unreasonable to tell a bunch of dwarves "Go there and dig out all the X ore, you know what it looks like".

Is it stressful because I MAKE THAT FACE AT YOU THE WHOLE TIME?

Well, I'll tell you what's stressful.

That's my natural face.

Remington

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 14, 2013, 10:30:05 PM

That's my natural face.

Would it help if I provisioned some raw adamantine ore for you to craft items with? You're almost skilled enough to start turning out Masterpiece work.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Also, there's something that I feel should be brought to your attention:

Your last name apparently translates to "Bustmirror" in the common tongue.

Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on April 15, 2013, 01:47:21 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 14, 2013, 10:30:05 PM

That's my natural face.

Would it help if I provisioned some raw adamantine ore for you to craft items with? You're almost skilled enough to start turning out Masterpiece work.

Ooooh yes!