News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

The Saga of Asobiden

Started by Remington, March 28, 2013, 01:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm concerned about your drinking. I feel like it's becoming a problem. It isn't normal to drink as little as you do, and I think it's starting to affect our relationship.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

(Anything exciting happened in the past week?  I am curious.)

Remington

25th Timber, 132 (Late Autumn)

Truly, today is a sad day for all of Asobiden. For one of our own has fallen, murdered by the filthy goblin savages that lurk to the north.

Early in the morning our workers on the surface reported a small force of goblin soldiers approaching Asobiden from the Northwest. It appears as though our prosperous fortress has become too large and wealthy to continue ignoring. I immediately ordered a lockdown of the fortress and the activation of our entrance traps to deal with the scum. Gogira, however, insisted on attacking the goblins and defeating them in close combat by strength of arms. Her recent victories over the kobold thieves and Furries had left her confident, and eager to engage the foe.

We exchanged words, and she left. The account of the ensuing battle between her and the goblin menace came to me second-hand through the dwarven caraven guards camped outside our entrance.

Gogira charged the unwashed beasts with a mighty dwarven battlecry, hefting her bronze battleaxe to the skies. She tore into the goblin soldiers with unparalled ferocity, fighting with axe, fist, and even teeth. The enemy faltered under her relentless attack, losing morale and body parts alike.

Alas, Gogira's dwarven warrior mentality left her unaware of the depths to which goblins could stoop to gain the upper hand. While she was dealing with the unlucky goblin swordsman, his comrade snuck up behind her and began stabbing mercilessly with his pike.

Gogira quickly wilted under the goblins' combined savagery, succumbing to her numerous wounds.

The caravan guards cleaned up the remainder of the goblins, but Gogira remained fallen. The goblin scum could not even manage to die valiantly: one of the swordsman broke ranks and fled upon seeing the rest of his squad cut down.

I have commissioned a fine tomb to be made for our fallen hero, so that she can rest in peace beneath the feet of her brethren. I have also ordered the completion of the outer walls and production of full steel armour and weapons: this morning's attacks will not be the last. On this day the goblin nation has made itself an eternal enemy in the dwarves of Asobiden.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

5th Opal, 132 (Mid-Winter)

Gogira has been laid to rest in the catacombs beneath the fortress.

All efforts since her death have been bent towards the security of the fortress: work on the outer walls has progressed and a moat has been dug and filled. The blacksmiths are busy creating massive axe blades and serrated discs for use in traps, and a Pit'O'Doom has been constructed beneath the entrance hallway.

All else has been quiet. Hopefully this winter will pass smoothly.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

10th Opal, 132 (Mid-Winter)

My decision to have Nigel begin working the adamantine has finally borne its ugly fruit. How many more dwarves must be taken by this madness?

Is it plugged in?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Remington

Each "Founder" of Asobiden will get a large private tomb customized for their (eventual) use. Gogira's has been set up with an iron sarcophagus, plus iron armor/weapon racks and an iron statue. Please let me know what you would like to have in your tomb, along with what kind of material you'd like it to be made of and I'll get everything set up.

I know what I'm having in my tomb...

Is it plugged in?

Remington

A goblin ambush, and elven caravan, and a goddamn Minotaur just showed up within 5 minutes of each other.

This is going to be interesting.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Pergamos

Our militia commander has fallen.  I intend to brew up a commemorative batch of wine for Gogira so we can all toast to her bravery properly.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Remington on April 29, 2013, 01:27:00 AM
Please let me know what you would like to have in your tomb, along with what kind of material you'd like it to be made of and I'll get everything set up.

Leather.

Lots of leather.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would like my tomb to be filled with bourbon, please.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 30, 2013, 02:13:22 AM
I would like my tomb to be filled with bourbon, please.

DAMMIT.

Out-freaked again.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.