News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

The Saga of Asobiden

Started by Remington, March 28, 2013, 01:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Remington

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 30, 2013, 02:13:22 AM
I would like my tomb to be filled with bourbon, please.
Alcohol doesn`t exist as a free- flowing liquid, but I could stock it up with lots of whiskey barrels. For full liquid submersion your options would be water or magma. Blood or whisky-tainted water could be done.
Is it plugged in?

Q. G. Pennyworth

I want to be buried the way I lived: covered in ichor.

Eater of Clowns

BEES!  MY TOMB MUST HAVE BEES!
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cainad (dec.)

Surround my sarcophagus with chains. Just chains.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on April 30, 2013, 02:37:59 AM
Alcohol doesn`t exist as a free- flowing liquid, but I could stock it up with lots of whiskey barrels. For full liquid submersion your options would be water or magma. Blood or whisky-tainted water could be done.

Can't you just jam me in a barrel?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 30, 2013, 07:06:02 PM

I will drink the rum out of that barrel.  You do realize this, right?

Admiral Nelson, come home.  All is forgiven.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Shit like this is why Dwarf Fortress needs more exposure to people who don't actually have the time and patience to learn its mutant freakazoid abomination of a control scheme. It's supposed to be able to model all kinds of things, but it doesn't have a way to store non-liquids or non-foods in barrels.

Of course a dwarf should be allowed to be buried in a booze barrel, of all things. You have to be buried in something, because all your dwarf friends will get upset if they see a friend go without a proper burial, but why should it have to be a sarcophagus? Someone needs to get the programmer on this right now.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2013, 07:14:49 PM

I will drink the rum out of that barrel.  You do realize this, right?

Admiral Nelson, come home.  All is forgiven.

Yessssssss.

Remington

25th Opal, 132 (Mid-Winter)

In sharp contrast to her lover Cainad, Nigel made straight for the subterranean workshops, directly opposite the exposed adamantine vein. She grabbed a handful of adamantine ore and raw iron, and worked nonstop for three days.

The masterfully crafted figurine depicts Gogira and the Kobold thief at the moment of Gogira's triumph. We all express our grief in different ways, and it is understandable the Nigel would want to commemorate her friend's passing. With the completion of the artifact, Nigel has returned to her dormitory and gone to sleep. She seems to be back to normal.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

30th Opal, 132 (Mid-Winter)

It is horrendously cold outside, cold enough to make me rethink our decision to build so close to the surface. The ground is covered in huge snowdrifts, and I am beginning to envy the metalsmiths for the warmth of their forges.

Also, we finally struck the gold that the initial surveyors had reported. I've ordered the magma forges to start smelting gold bars as quickly as they can. Gold may not be as valuable as adamantine, but as least the damn stuff isn't cursed.

Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I... I feel a bit strange these days. What is happening? I think I need to sleep.

Cainad (dec.)

Journal Entry X

I have chosen to tear out and stow away my past several entries. The stress of the work of mining must have gotten to me. Lack of fresh air will do that to a dwarf, heh heh

heh
hehehehe

The discovery of gold has done wonders for my mental state. It's oddly soothing, compared to what I've been doing lately.

Dear Nigel was taken by a curious fit of reclusive creativity. The result was an uncanny commemoration of our fortress' mightiest protector, Gogira. I can respect the desire to be solemn about such a craft, but the way Nigel would handle and coo softly at the... crafting material... was unsettling.

Gods, have I been drinking enough lately? Better safe than sorry.

Pergamos

Nigel has made the most amazing statue I have ever seen. It is queen gogira, striking down a kobold, but on it is a picture of it, and if you look really close there is a smaller picture in that picture, and so on, and so forth.  I don't know how she did it.

The Good Reverend Roger

What have I been doing?  Am I some shiftless runt?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.