While the country was paying attention to the gay marriage cases, Obama signed..

Started by Pergamos, March 28, 2013, 07:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

http://www.ibtimes.com/monsanto-protection-act-5-terrifying-things-know-about-hr-933-provision-1156079#

The Monsanto protection act, a fun little piece of corporate pork that makes GMO's immune to lawsuits.  We really aren't even pretending to be anything but a corrupt corporatocracy are we?

The Good Reverend Roger

India's about to say "fuck it" and toss them out anyway.

Should be interesting.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Juana

Is anyone surprised? I feel like this is par for the course at this point.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Bruno

It's very popular with the "Conservatives" over at the Shroomery.

Terrific idea. Gotta protect those serious business men from delusional hippies, and deadbeat farmers, you know.
Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emo Howard on March 28, 2013, 08:48:47 PM

Terrific idea. Gotta protect those serious business men from delusional hippies, and deadbeat farmers, you know.

This is why the shroomery is too retarded to even troll.

They're conservative drug freaks.

:lulz:

Dumbest assholes on the entire planet.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2013, 10:05:54 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on March 28, 2013, 08:48:47 PM

This is why the shroomery is too retarded to even troll.

They're conservative drug freaks.

:lulz:

Dumbest assholes on the entire planet.

They got The Coalition of Navel Gazing Earth Spirits, The Minarchist Libertarian Corporation Liberation Front, and a bunch of kids who just think boycotting stuff is gay.

Also, "scientists".

Bruno

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Emo Howard on April 02, 2013, 07:31:45 PM
Here's a thing.

http://thebigslice.org/we-do-get-fooled-again-progressives-and-the-monsanto-protection-act/

This is going to be one of those NDAA type things, with just enough ambiguity in the text to allow for dueling pseudo-analyses. Probably have to wait a week or two for a sound analysis to appear anywhere. I know it's the fuck over my head so I'll just wait patiently for someone to tell me what it is I'm thinking about, before hearing any of the opinions on what I should think about it.

The fact that it was attached to the continuing resolution though, is pretty goddamned cute. That does tie Obama's hands more than a bit there.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Pergamos

The Good Reverend Roger

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.