News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Let's talk about THE SCHOOL TO PRISON PIPELINE!

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, March 28, 2013, 09:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

America has developed possibly the most perfect business scheme ever... private, for-profit prisons. But with a declining crime rate, wherever will we get enough prisoners to make this stay lucrative?

Oh.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/11/11876/corrections-corporation-america-used-drug-sweeps-public-school-students

(link courtesy of TGRR)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

OH YES, LET'S DO TALK ABOUT THIS.

LOOK! THE NETHERLANDS IS CLOSING MORE PRISONS!

WHAT'S THEIR SECRET?

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: stelz on March 28, 2013, 09:45:44 PM
OH YES, LET'S DO TALK ABOUT THIS.

LOOK! THE NETHERLANDS IS CLOSING MORE PRISONS!

WHAT'S THEIR SECRET?

Communism and sodomy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Yep.  And this is what makes "diversion" even more horrifying.

Okay, so the kid is middle class enough to get diversion, right?  HE'S STILL FUCKING BRANDED, marked for life with the brand of the system.

So he didn't do time this time.  Next time he sneezes, he's fucked.  But it lets people think the system isn't the horror show that it is.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I wonder who writes and supports all these bills that push for increased policing of schools and criminalization of children for what was formerly simply considered misconduct?

Oh.

http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_%26_Privatization

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on March 28, 2013, 10:18:40 PM
I wonder who writes and supports all these bills that push for increased policing of schools and criminalization of children for what was formerly simply considered misconduct?

Oh.

http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_%26_Privatization

AND WHAT COMPANIES ARE REPRESENTED ON THE BOARD OF ALEC?

HO HO HO!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2013, 10:03:50 PM

Okay, so the kid is middle class enough to get diversion, right?  HE'S STILL FUCKING BRANDED, marked for life with the brand of the system.

So he didn't do time this time.  Next time he sneezes, he's fucked.  But it lets people think the system isn't the horror show that it is.

Yep.

A tantrum in class when he was six means that if he's caught with a joint when he's 15, it won't be a first offense.

Hey, I wonder who's behind all these tough-on-crime laws?

Oh.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Corrections_Corporation_of_America

Anna Mae Bollocks

I WONDER IF THEY HAVE A WEBSITE? LET'S GO LOOK!
http://www.cca.com/

WOW, THEY HAVE A BIG SECTION ON "SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY"!
THEY'RE TRYING TO MAKE THINGS BETTER!

AND THEY STARTED IN 1983!

"JUST SAY NO", KIDS!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Q. G. Pennyworth

Because once you've been "diverted" you can never act freely again.

Wanna go to a protest? You better be out of there before the civil disobedience starts, or your ass is going away.
Wanna run for office? Sorry, dude, this is TOTALLY coming out during your campaign. Best to support some Good CitizenTM that doesn't have a record.
Wanna teach? You'll be lucky if you get accepted, and just wait until the parents find out!
Wanna do anything online? You'd best watch your ass, because everything online is a felony if we say so, and we already let you go once!

navkat

I've been railing about this for a few years now. This topic fills me with a case of the monkeys.  :argh!:

#3 growth industry in the country!

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2013, 10:03:50 PM

...and the "diverters" (diversionists?) are often private, too. And boy do they lobby!
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Reginald Ret

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *WHEEEZE* *COUGH* *PUKE*
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Quote from: MMIX on December 04, 2013, 01:16:12 PM
http://blog.blacknews.com/2013/05/judge-mark-ciavarella-sentenced-selling-kids-prison-system101.html#.Up8pDMRdU0O

OK, its just one push back against an unholy tide of shit. But that is something? Right?

QuoteThe Pennsylvania Supreme Court has overturned some 4,000 convictions issued by him between 2003 and 2008, claiming he violated the constitutional rights of the juveniles – including the right to legal counsel and the right to intelligently enter a plea. Some of the juveniles he sentenced were as young as 10-years old.

That's one judge, and at least 4000 kids lives ruined. Restitution of $1.2 million.

That's $ 300/ Kid, split equally. I assume the logic here is that is a lot of money to a ten year old so it's appropriate.

Another angle is that this gives an indication of the scale of the horror. Assume 1 judge with similar sentencing attitudes per state. Be generous and assume there's no corruption.

That's a scary number, and that's being totally optimistic.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.