News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Butthurt, a Few Thoughts Concerning.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 03, 2013, 06:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Cain

navkat

Quote from: Cain on April 04, 2013, 10:37:00 PM
Yeah.  I think that is kinda implied under six, but not explicitly said.

It's definitely nice to be acknowledged when you're right, especially when you have six or seven different jackasses harping on about something at you.  I distinctly recall being told over at EB&G, more than once, that no-one bothered backing me up because "I did a good enough job of that myself".  Well, it would've been nice if someone had said so.  I remember feeling like I was getting slammed from several different directions and no-one was willing to actually look at what was said or say "you're being dickweeds, calm the fuck down".  Except me, in those actual arguments.

It's not a very nice feeling.

You know, this is verry difficult for me to do because the both of you are "elder" members and both strong and capable enough to handle shit on your own that it feels almost wrong to jump in and start opening my mouth. The little Wanda Sykes in my head goes "Mind yo' business, woman! What makes you think he needs YOUR damned help?"

Also, there's that whole "Me Too" thing I mentioned. It's my personal bugbear. One thing vexes me to no end is a "goody-two-shoes" yes-man for the popular kids. Over the years, we've had a few of those and they remind me of little, sweaty dingleberries, every time. And I can almost set my watch to them: "Hup! Rog and ZombieCopulator23 are at it again! I guess that means ___ should be along any minute now to wrap up all of Rog's points for him and tell ZombieCopulator23 how disgusting he is. Waaait for iiit....in 5, 4, 3..."

I realize this is my own personal bar in the cage and it's presenting you guys with an unfair double-standard and makes me every bit a sheep as the dingleberries--except I'm a sheep in my own Lone Wolf's clothing. I will try to do better.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat: navkat of...navkat! on April 05, 2013, 02:53:13 PM
You know, this is verry difficult for me to do because the both of you are "elder" members and both strong and capable enough to handle shit on your own that it feels almost wrong to jump in and start opening my mouth.

Then put yourself in my shoes.

Or Cain's.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2013, 03:03:22 PM
You know, this is verry difficult for me to do because the both of you are "elder" members and both strong and capable enough to handle shit on your own that it feels almost wrong to jump in and start opening my mouth.

Then put yourself in my shoes.

Or Cain's.

I'll do better.

I'm a sheep in my own Lone Wolf's clothing.

I've never nominated my own shit for newsreel before but I think this is one of our core values!

AFK

Try being on my side of the pile.  Particularly in the drug threads over the years.  I know I'm in the minority to begin with on that particular topic, but when things get particularly nasty, I'll get some PM support, which I definitely appreciate don't get me wrong, but every once in awhile it would be nice to get a little public support too.  You don't have to agree with my point of view 100%, or at all, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if someone stepped up and said, publicly, "hey, can we back off a bit?"
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

navkat

Quote from: Six Feet of Sole on April 05, 2013, 03:12:57 PM
Try being on my side of the pile.  Particularly in the drug threads over the years.  I know I'm in the minority to begin with on that particular topic, but when things get particularly nasty, I'll get some PM support, which I definitely appreciate don't get me wrong, but every once in awhile it would be nice to get a little public support too.  You don't have to agree with my point of view 100%, or at all, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if someone stepped up and said, publicly, "hey, can we back off a bit?"

Great.

GREAT.

(*nudge*)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Six Feet of Sole on April 05, 2013, 03:12:57 PM

Well, I don't believe in backing off, but I think I gave you credit where credit is due, down in the head full of fuck thread.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

I had my butt removed to prevent the Hurt, but then I became full of shit. :sad: