News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

So, how would you abuse this law?

Started by Trivial, April 01, 2013, 03:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Ky. legislature overrides 'religious freedom' veto

The legislation protects "sincerely held religious beliefs" from infringement unless there is "a compelling governmental interest."

I think the fun one would be to get gay married citing this law.  Sadly, I'm married already, not gay, and in Iowa.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's another thread on this somewhere. It certainly has potential for a Supreme Court overruling, but first you would have to be discriminated against.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, you would have to prove a "legitimate" religious basis for your marriage.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

hirley0

hirley0

Quote from: hirley0 on April 01, 2013, 08:49:21 AM
1St i would make an /-/
next an HoHe
\-\OHe's are something Like HiHo's only triangular

Pergamos

Quote from: Mome Papess Trivial on April 01, 2013, 05:12:04 AM
Oh, missed the other thread.

It was one of mine in Aneristic Delusions.  Roger put me in my place for suggesting the law might allow Rastafarians to smoke weed.  It's apparently entirely designed to allow Religious conservatives to discriminate against gays.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on April 01, 2013, 09:42:49 AM

It was one of mine in Aneristic Delusions.  Roger put me in my place for suggesting the law might allow Rastafarians to smoke weed.  It's apparently entirely designed to allow Religious conservatives to discriminate against gays.

Yyyyeah you were also totally ignoring the difference between state and federal laws.

Q. G. Pennyworth

To answer the OP: registering as a Kopimist and pirating the shit out of everything.

Bruno

Just sit back and wait for Sharia Law.
Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on April 01, 2013, 09:42:49 AM

No, it ALSO allows pharmacists to stop handing out those SLUT PILLS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

I think the Subgenii have already abused this nicely. They should set up a headquarters in Kay-Why.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

This comes to mind...

http://naturistaction.org/StatesFrames/State_Laws_Frames/Kentucky_Laws/body_kentucky_laws.html

Quote§510.148 Indecent exposure in the first degree.
(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure in the first degree when he intentionally exposes his genitals under circumstances in which he knows or should know that his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to a person under the age of eighteen (18) years.

Quote§510.150 Indecent exposure in the second degree.
(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure in the second degree when he intentionally exposes his genitals under circumstances in which he knows or should know that his conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to a person eighteen (18) years of age or older.

Oh look...Kentucky state law already defines a "nudist" within a religious context:

Quote§232.010 Nudist defined.
As used in this chapter, "nudist" means any person who displays any part of his private person naked before persons of the opposite sex, not his husband or wife, at their solicitation or with their consent, for religious or health purposes...
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat: navkat of...navkat! on April 02, 2013, 12:59:04 AM
I think the Subgenii have already abused this nicely. They should set up a headquarters in Kay-Why.

:?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.