News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Attn LMNO

Started by navkat, April 01, 2013, 12:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I think "Glam" is used to cover a bunch of different stuff, and was more of a fashion than style of music.  Just like another music label that starts with "G"...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2013, 04:08:30 PM
Well that's just stupid.

Of course rock'n'roll evolved from many different sources and musicians.  But ultimately, that evolution was guided by a benign intelligence who intended the outcome to be what is now known as rock'n'roll.

And that benign intelligence is Jimmy Page.

Balls.  The wheels were set in motion by Lord Buckley a century ago.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2013, 04:08:30 PM
Well that's just stupid.

Of course rock'n'roll evolved from many different sources and musicians.  But ultimately, that evolution was guided by a benign intelligence who intended the outcome to be what is now known as rock'n'roll.

And that benign intelligence is Jimmy Page.

This thread got LOL.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 01, 2013, 07:09:39 PM
I think "Glam" is used to cover a bunch of different stuff, and was more of a fashion than style of music.  Just like another music label that starts with "G"...

:lulz:

Point taken.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on April 01, 2013, 07:01:57 PM
I feel like Bowie gets lumped in with Glam strictly based on how he dressed, because he doesn't seem to have much in common musically with the rest of the genre.

Also, he should probably burn in hell for that leotard. And the haircut too. :lulz:

Dude, that shit is fucking EPIC. David Bowie is simultaneously the most fabulous and most masculine man who has EVER LIVED.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."