News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Nigel!

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, April 02, 2013, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

So i'm in a pickle. Is me pointing out cultural appropriation that isn't for example Irish, a shitty thing to do?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/508558235838893/permalink/624414687586580/?comment_id=624442740917108&notif_t=like

Asked a friend who is Native/ First Nations and she was cool with it.

Hell I'm probably going to KEEP doing it and just make sure I use sources from folks of the culture being appropriated saying "no, this isn't on" and give them a signal boost rather than claim any authority.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Any time I ever slammed cultural appropriation, it's been ok. People belonging to said cultures tend to agree and don't seem to have a problem with a nonmember telling another nonmember to cut the crap.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: stelz on April 02, 2013, 09:49:39 PM
Any time I ever slammed cultural appropriation, it's been ok. People belonging to said cultures tend to agree and don't seem to have a problem with a nonmember telling another nonmember to cut the crap.

^that^ was the reaction I got from my friend anyway.

Faust

Cultural appropriation of Ireland is not only not a bad thing but we actively encourage it.

If all you Plastic Paddies with your deep pockets haven't heard of The Gathering you should look it up, even if you don't think you're Irish rest assured that we can prove you are at least 1/32th Irish. Bring you're beloved doubloons back to our shattered and ruined economy and SPEND SPEND SPEND.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

Buy me a 1st class round trip plane ticket and YOU'RE ON!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Faust

Quote from: A Fucking Vulture on April 02, 2013, 10:51:36 PM

No the idea is we fleece you, because we are fucking broke.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Faust on April 02, 2013, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: A Fucking Vulture on April 02, 2013, 10:51:36 PM

No the idea is we fleece you, because we are fucking broke.
:lulz: