News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

#discord IRC Bot thread

Started by Bu🤠ns, April 03, 2013, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

This thread is just so that I can have a place to put the commands and updates of this ongoing IRC bot project I'm working on.
The bot serves two purposes: 1. IRC chat bot...obviously and 2. To help me learn python better. 

Some of the scripts have been made by me and some have been made by others and tweaked and some are totally ripped off... So any feedback or comments or hate please feel free to leave here. 

Server: irc.maddshark.net
Channel: #discord

Command prefix: !

• !rou/!roulette/!roulette <name> -- Plays Russian Roulette with self or other.
  • !dp <query> -- Queries the Discordipedia at http://discordia.wikia.com/wiki/Discordipedia
  • !comic -- creates a comic out of last couple lines in IRC.
  • !date -- returns the current date in the discordian calendar.  Credit to Erik Max Francis.  Source: www.alcyone.com/software/discord
  • !fortune -- returns a random fortune from the weekly updated http://www.theonion.com/features/horoscope/
  • !rpsls [rock|paper|scissors|lizard|Spock] -- Plays a game of RPSLS with bot.
  • !dhamma <verse number> -- returns a random or specified verse number from the dhammapada.
  • !news -- returns a random newsfeed from PD forum (kinda borked)
  • !pd -- returns the newest topics from each PD forum
  • !gem/!gematria <word> -- gematria calculator (scrapes gematrix.org)
  • !lgs/!lgs <tag> -- pulls random images or searches lgs' tumblr blog based on tag query
  • !ch/!choose <choice1>, <choice2>, ... <choicen> -- makes a decision
  • !bam [basic|magic|heart|krugr] <message> -- creates a big ass message
  • !def/!define/!dictionary <word> -- fetches the definition of <word>
  • !u/!urban <phrase> -- looks up phrases on urbandictionary.com
  • !e/!etymology <word> -- looks up a word's etymology
  • !an/!anagram <phrase> -- fetches anagram for <phrase>
  • !seen <nick> -- Tell when a nickname was last in active in irc
  • !x -- returns random image from /x/ Paranormal
  • !wsg -- returns random image from /wsg/ Worksafe GIF
  • !gif -- returns random image from /gif/ Animated Gif
  • !supb -- returns random image from /b/ Random
  • !down <url> -- checks to see if the site is down
  • !gis <phrase> -- returns random google image result
  • !python <prog> -- executes python code <prog>"
  • !q/!quote [#chan] [nick] [#n]/.quote add <nick> <msg> -- gets random or [#n]th quote by <nick> or from <#chan>adds quote
  • !snopes <topic> -- searches snopes for an urban legend about <topic>"
  • !stock <symbol> -- gets information about a stock symbol
  • !tag <nick> <tag> -- tags the nickname with <tag> || !tag list <tag> -- lists nicknames associate with <tag> || !tag
  • delete <nick> <tag> -- deletes <tag>$
  • !showtells -- view all pending tell messages (sent in PM)
  • !tell <nick> <message> -- relay <message> to <nick> when <nick> is around
  • !tweet <text> -- Tweets on the bot's twitter page https://twitter.com/#!/HagbotCeline
  • !doom -- displays the countown time until the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor (old 2012 countdown...dated)
  • !weather <location> -- gets weather data from Google
  • !ich/!iching -- throws a random hexagram, then determines a relevant news article from said hexagram.  Credit: ENKI-][
  • !w/!wiki <phrase> -- gets first sentence of wikipedia article on <phrase>
  • !wa/!wolframalpha <query> -- scrapes Wolfram Alpha's results for <query> (brokd...srsly...it sux i don't even know why it's still up here)
  • !y/!youtube <query> -- returns the first YouTube search result for <query>
  • !yell <text> -- bot yells what you say.
  • !twitter <twitter username><0-10> -- Returns n'th tweet from user
  • !updown <text> -- flips text upsidedown

Bu🤠ns

Newest command !dp for querying the Discordipedia page.  Which, of course, hasn't been updated since like 2011 BUT has entries for the basics and Pinealism -- which may or may not come in hand with some of the new people coming in lately. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, you may as well, since nobody's actually ever on IRC.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bu🤠ns

http://hagbotcelinecomics.tumblr.com/

here is the tumblr where some of the bot's better comics can be saved to

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 13, 2013, 06:00:03 AM
Well, you may as well, since nobody's actually ever on IRC.

You pop in and out of that place like a 16 year old's first trip to a whore house :P

Bu🤠ns

New command:

!p/!poll [d/democrats|r/republicans|l/latest] -- pulls the poll data depending on parameter...d or democrat pulls the democratic nomination polls, r or republican pulls the republican nomination polls and l or latest pulls the three latest polls.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

What is the name of your chatbot?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: N E T on August 31, 2015, 10:35:14 AM
What is the name of your chatbot?
depends on the server . Electric_monk is the name on maddshark