News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Possible Shooter at URI

Started by Suu, April 04, 2013, 05:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

"I hear that this is not a hoax rather a cover up to keep people and parents calm."

Oh Jesus H fucking...(this particular thread is the winner. There's this guy in there named Butch that is pissed no one stepped up to beat the kid down.)

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on April 04, 2013, 10:05:58 PM
"I hear that this is not a hoax rather a cover up to keep people and parents calm."

Oh Jesus H fucking...(this particular thread is the winner. There's this guy in there named Butch that is pissed no one stepped up to beat the kid down.)

"Butch"?

:lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

I'm not fucking kidding. It's solid GOLD.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Suu

THESE ARE THE PARENTS OF THE FUCKING KIDS I GO TO SCHOOL WITH.  :lulz:

One day,  I will grow up, and go to a real university.

No really, we're considered a Tier 1 university by US News, and these are the jackass I have to deal with. Though most of them are from New Jersey, which makes too much sense.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Suu on April 05, 2013, 03:01:56 AM
THESE ARE THE PARENTS OF THE FUCKING KIDS I GO TO SCHOOL WITH.  :lulz:

One day,  I will grow up, and go to a real university.

No really, we're considered a Tier 1 university by US News, and these are the jackass I have to deal with. Though most of them are from New Jersey, which makes too much sense.

You mean every horrible thing I ever heard about Jersey is REAL?  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Also: "Butch-ONE".  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

Well, the entire campus is wide-eyed with fear (Ever actually see and feel fear? Yeah, I think I just did.) There is a student in my Latin class who got her shoulder dislocated in the stampede yesterday, being that she was in an adjacent classroom to the first one that evacuated.

She said flat out that they heard someone in the hallway go, "Let me in, I have a gun!" It seems like a lot of students agree with this statement between the 2 lecture halls. So there's something else happening here that seems far more fucking sinister than a misunderstanding overhearing someone talking about Humans VS Zombies.  :|

I know we all have our sick ideas of "fun" but if this was someone's idea of a joke, I hope they get the shit beat out of them.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Suu on April 05, 2013, 07:35:59 PM
Well, the entire campus is wide-eyed with fear (Ever actually see and feel fear? Yeah, I think I just did.) There is a student in my Latin class who got her shoulder dislocated in the stampede yesterday, being that she was in an adjacent classroom to the first one that evacuated.

She said flat out that they heard someone in the hallway go, "Let me in, I have a gun!" It seems like a lot of students agree with this statement between the 2 lecture halls. So there's something else happening here that seems far more fucking sinister than a misunderstanding overhearing someone talking about Humans VS Zombies.  :|

I know we all have our sick ideas of "fun" but if this was someone's idea of a joke, I hope they get the shit beat out of them.

For some reason I'm flashing on those old studies where there were fake crimes enacted and people had all kinds of false memories.

Not saying that's the case here, but it's possible.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Eater of Clowns

Yeah, at this point it doesn't matter if the kid said "fun" or "gun."  Everyone's going to remember it as "gun" no matter what they actually heard, being reaffirmed by several hundred classmates and the media.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Eye witness testimony is and has always been shit.

Fact:  There was no gun.

End of story.

Suu

Quote from: stelz on April 05, 2013, 07:44:18 PM
Quote from: Suu on April 05, 2013, 07:35:59 PM

For some reason I'm flashing on those old studies where there were fake crimes enacted and people had all kinds of false memories.

Not saying that's the case here, but it's possible.

Stress has a profound impact on people. Especially when issues like guns are such a hot topic and pretty much everywhere thanks to the media, people are going to hear what's fresh in their memory.

This is exactly what the media wants.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 05, 2013, 08:11:34 PM
Eye witness testimony is and has always been shit.

Fact:  There was no gun.

End of story.

But it can never be the end of the fucking story, can it?

There's always those extra blank pages at the end of the book where everyone keeps trying to keep the plot going by writing fan-fiction in crayon about how Jack took out his concealed magnum and BLEW THE BAD GUY'S HEAD OFF, LIKE WE DO IN AMERICA.

It can't ever just be a fuckup. Someone's gotta hang, no matter what. Even if it turns out there wasn't any actual crime committed, someone's gotta hang.