News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

HEY, NIGEL...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 03, 2013, 10:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I noticed yesterday that if I look out the window of my office, I can see miles and miles of miles and miles.  It's almost as good as sitting on the edge of Davidson Canyon, or maybe driving across the river in Portland, though I have no direct experience of the latter.

And all I have to do is turn my head, and there it is.  All that empty, and NO PEOPLE.

I just want a little quiet, you know?  A little less "WHY CAN'T WE JUST VIOLATE NEWTON'S SECOND LAW IF IT'S ONLY FOR 12 HOURS?" and a little less "I TOLD THE CRANE TO COME IN AT 11AM FOR THAT 8 HOUR JOB YOU NEED TO DO.  THAT'S OKAY, RIGHT?"

Just a little rest.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jesus FUCK what is wrong with people?

I'LL TELL YOU

EVERYTHING, THAT'S WHAT.

Yesterday I spent several minutes explaining to my lab partner that the little markings in between the inch marks on a ruler aren't centimeters, the even littler markings on the OTHER SIDE OF THE RULER are millimeters, which make up centimeters.

Then I just fucking facepalmed and gave the fuck up when she refused to believe that we had to weigh the same three metals both together and separately, and that weighing three of them separately and then another, random three together and comparing  the difference in weights will not actually tell her anything relevant. At all.

And then there are the people in my stats class who absolutely have no idea what they are doing whatsoever. YOU GUYS, IT IS A CONTINUATION OF THE LAST CLASS YOU JUST FINISHED TWO WEEKS AGO, HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING?

My surprise daughter broke up with her boyfriend who makes her miserable yesterday. And then today, who is in my living room? Yes, that's right. He is.

I understand the temptation, Roger, to just get in the fucking car and DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE. AWAY.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, it's easier to understand.

Tunnel Kiln 3 was acting up, but still running.  I told Filthy Assistant "don't fucking touch it".  Because he is the kind of person he is, that apparently meant he HAD to fuck with it, to show that I'M NOT THE BOSS OF HIM and HE KNOWS BETTER.

Now I have 300 saggers piled up.  I don't think I'll be on much today.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 04, 2013, 05:49:56 PM

Tunnel Kiln 3 was acting up, but still running.  I told Filthy Assistant "don't fucking touch it".  Because he is the kind of person he is, that apparently meant he HAD to fuck with it, to show that I'M NOT THE BOSS OF HIM and HE KNOWS BETTER.

Is there any reason you can't send HIM for a walk in the desert?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 04, 2013, 05:52:14 PM

Because he'd fuck it up, and it's ALL I HAVE LEFT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 04, 2013, 05:53:36 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 04, 2013, 05:52:14 PM

Because he'd fuck it up, and it's ALL I HAVE LEFT.

:lol: