News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

RevRoger Sermon 19: The Sermon on the Roof.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 27, 2003, 06:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riff

Quote from: The CommanderGehosephat my good man!  Didn't you know my nursmaid was from W. Sussex.  Never trust a Belgian with a new born baby!

What?  West Sussex isn't in Belgium, it's just south of London. Commander, I'm worried that the surgeon may have gotten your brain in the wrong way round after your last operation; you aren't making sense.

Anyway, isn't the Belgian accent more of a French/Dutch mix?  Like Jean-Claude Van Damme - he's Belgian.
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

The Commander

You totaly misunderstand me Monsigneour Karma Manager...my Parents were from Brussels, but my Nanny was from W. Sussex.  All of the finest and well t'do Belgians have English Nursemaids. That's why the only Belgiuns you can recognize by accent were ones from poor families, like Monsigneuour Van Dammit.   The only other wat to tell I am Belgian is by the size of my enourmous nose!

Le Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

riff

Ah, now I understand.

Phew, you had me worried there for a minute...
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Reverend,
There is also Bob's pipe which will smoke all the doom.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCReverend,
There is also Bob's pipe which will smoke all the doom.

Provided, of course, that "Bob" isn't being PAID to instigate the DDOM.  Which he would, of course, if paid enough.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I can understand that. Maybe if we provided him with pounds of sweet cavendish tobacco, he may instigate some DOOM or at least a subset of doomery, perhaps?

The Good Reverend Roger

No, he only smokes the finest frop in his pipe.

Or does the pipe smoke him???

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

I haven't figured that one out yet. But we can still get him to instigate Doom, perhaps?

The Commander

I always thought is was a bubble pipe?

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

No no no, my fine Erisian companyero! Bob's pipe is genuine earthquaking material. Watch the smoke sometime. It reminds me of the old cartoons where people would sacrifice to smouldering volcanoes. Maybe Bob's pipe is Mt. Rainier, waiting to erupt?

The Commander

Perhaps Bob was responsible for the eruption of Mt. Saint Helens?  Or even still, perhaps some ancient Ur-Bob was responsible for the eruption of Mt Vesuvius and the destruction of Pompeii.  

That reminds me, The Karma Manager and I attended a Devival once in Cleveland.  We saw Rev Stang speak and everything.  Up to that point we always thought the Subgenei were hostil toward us Discordians, but there were quite friendly.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

riff

Subgenii are okay in general, but I still hate "Bob".  Sneaky fucker... never trust a bastard that smiles all the time.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: RiffSubgenii are okay in general, but I still hate "Bob".  Sneaky fucker... never trust a bastard that smiles all the time.

As do all good subgenii.

If you meet "Bob:, kill "Bob", in cold blood.

The Commander

I thought Bob was warm blooded like the rest of us?

Karma Manager, didn't we send the assassin out after Bob sometime ago?  Have you heard any report from her?

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

The Good Reverend Roger

He IS warm-blooded.  Apparently, though, you must be standing in COLD blood to kill him.