News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Upton Sinclair - Terrorist

Started by deadfong, April 07, 2013, 05:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 09, 2013, 04:57:11 PM
Oh, I was quoting it for people who didn't click on the PDF.  Because I know some people wont.

Charles Tilly has long been a hero of mine.  He and Smedley Butler - for vastly different reasons - had the knowledge and the moral authority to tell it like it is.  Butler won 3 medals of honor (actually 2 and a brevet medal, which at the time was the same thing).  It's kind of hard to question his patriotism.  Tilly was the father of modern sociology, and breathed fire at the podium.  Not like a preacher, but more as if fire were his natural atmosphere.

And I didn't click on the PDF because I can't click on the PDF.  I tried, but nannywall.  There seems to be no actual rhyme or reason to what it allows and won't allow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McGrupp on April 09, 2013, 05:00:44 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2013, 03:14:38 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on April 09, 2013, 02:28:40 PM
I've never understood how it can be a crime to take a picture of a crime.

Then this most emphatically is NOT going to be your decade.

I got a feeling it's going to be a long century.

Couldn't agree more about crime being whatever arbitrary thing authorities decide. Downright insidious.

For some people, it won't be very long at all. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.