News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Good article that details exactly why the bitcoin is a pyramid scheme

Started by Faust, April 09, 2013, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 02:04:11 AM
Quote from: Wisa1 on December 02, 2013, 10:54:31 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 02, 2013, 10:32:55 PM
Quote from: Wisa1 on December 02, 2013, 10:29:56 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 02, 2013, 10:27:00 PM
Come to think of it, how do I pay for police to keep the roads clear of bandits so I can move my chickens?
KILL THE FUCKING BANDITS! are you a man or a rodent?

Why, sure.  With all that free time I have as a farmer, I have LOADS of time and resources to practice marksmanship and small unit tactics.

That's WAY more efficient than, say, having everyone kick in for a professional police force.
Also regardless of your estimation of my own purported farming/small unit tactics skills I am confident in proclaiming that most of the real farmers I know are all excellent marksmen...

How many acres do you farm?

And how much training do these farmers you know do in small unit tactics?

I think he means to say "I have three chickens and some tomato plants".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 03, 2013, 02:46:34 AM
Come to think of it, how do I pay for police to keep the roads clear of bandits so I can move my chickens?

Why, sure.  With all that free time I have as a farmer, I have LOADS of time and resources to practice marksmanship and small unit tactics.

That's WAY more efficient than, say, having everyone kick in for a professional police force.
Also regardless of your estimation of my own purported farming/small unit tactics skills I am confident in proclaiming that most of the real farmers I know are all excellent marksmen...

Or has beaten the mortal shit out of Farmville.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 02:10:22 AM
Quote from: Officer What's His /b/ear on December 03, 2013, 02:06:51 AM
How many chickens do I trade the bandits so they leave me alone?

There's going to be about 30 of them.  Hold them off with your trusty squirrel rifle. 

ARE YOU A MOUSE OR ARE YOU RAMBO?

My God you're right!
Here I am fucking chickens like a jackass!

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 03, 2013, 02:46:34 AM

He sells pot.

Junkenstein

It's lucky that the world is filled with people just like the people you know.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

I don't think bitcoin is going to save the world, but I do like it as an experiment, which is how they frame it here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ
The part where there's an open source, decentralised network in which all of the nodes agree on what's going on, in a fairly secure way, is pretty cool and I think currency is a clever use of this tech, even if the founders admit to having no idea how a currency like this actually interacts with our existing economic systems.

Also, shut up about farmers having spare time to fight bandits, you clown.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

One man against 30.  It could happen.   :lulz:

Because, you know, they're going to attack when he's ready for them, machine gun loaded, in his bunker.  Not when he's out working the fields or asleep or anything.

Because bandits fight fair.  It's right in their code of ethics.

When the farmer runs out of bullets, he will then resort to his extensive kung fu training, with which he filled all those long, long hours of downtime that farmers are saddled with.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Officer What's His /b/ear on December 03, 2013, 06:18:42 AM

He sells pot.

WINNAR.

Cain

Hey now, just because farmers have the skills to take out crows and the occasional coyote with a Winchester, it totally follows that they could work as a team against people who rely on their skill at violence for a living and have almost certainly fought side by side on numerous occasion, and probably have at least semi-decent quality weapons.

I mean, are you seriously suggesting bandits are smarter than crows?  Ridiculous.

Wisa1

Quote from: :regret: on December 03, 2013, 12:13:39 AM
A) Because a single currency would be under control of a single organisation. This is VERY BAD. Also known as Totalitarian. OK, under the current system we have 182-ish smaller scale totalitarian currencies, a few pyramid schemes and a few relatively independent currencies. These independent currencies are neccesarily small scale, you would not want to trade internationally with something that is only usable in a few small towns in germany. Any larger and they start to suffer from inflation and such, on account of localized differences in perceived value. (As DOUR already (sort of) said)
Anyway, an increase in scale of a currency leads to three things:
1) Inflation, can be annoying but not usually a big problem.
2) An increase in totalitarian control, not really a problem with the right checks and balances but for everyone's sake: Don't let this one get too bad.
3) Increased viability for international trade, this is something we need to have any level of luxury.
Hmm, my format is wonky but i think i made my points clearly.

A) Unless the 'single organisation' is not subject to human weakness i.e. a well programmed algorithm a la Google search

As previously stated I am "very dumb" and I still don't understand why increase in scale = inflation I would actually be extremely grateful if you could explain this one for me(no sarcasm intended).
"As I treks through the cesspit I sharps up my wit"
"We dont wanna be, we just be"
-Roots Manuva

Telarus

Quote from: Wisa1 on December 04, 2013, 01:09:34 AM
A) Unless the 'single organisation' is not subject to human weakness i.e. a well programmed algorithm a la Google search

:spittake:

"SANTORUM"
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Wisa1

about a dozen and in all honesty it's a long, long way from perfect, we are barely able to produce 50% of what we consume.
However I am fully aware of "inherent laziness" and feel confident that were I no longer to be blessed with the lifetime efforts of god knows how many third world chumps the 50% could quickly become 200

As for the the real farmers who usually produce around 100000% their small unit tactics (ditto size of armory) is roughly on par if not a little higher than the local police force
-Roots Manuva

Wisa1

Quote from: Cain on December 03, 2013, 08:55:25 PM
Hey now, just because farmers have the skills to take out crows and the occasional coyote with a Winchester, it totally follows that they could work as a team against people who rely on their skill at violence for a living and have almost certainly fought side by side on numerous occasion, and probably have at least semi-decent quality weapons.

I mean, are you seriously suggesting bandits are smarter than crows?  Ridiculous.
no you got it all wrong! bandits are definately smarter than crows but farmers are smarter than bandits
-Roots Manuva

Pæs

Quote from: Wisa1 on December 04, 2013, 01:30:15 AM

about a dozen and in all honesty it's a long, long way from perfect, we are barely able to produce 50% of what we consume.
However I am fully aware of "inherent laziness" and feel confident that were I no longer to be blessed with the lifetime efforts of god knows how many third world chumps the 50% could quickly become 200

As for the the real farmers who usually produce around 100000% their small unit tactics (ditto size of armory) is roughly on par if not a little higher than the local police force

What country are you from, simple farmboy turned warrior-king? I am from New Zealand which is MADE of farmers and their small unit tactics are limited to convincing dogs to chase sheep and pummeling each other in bar brawls.