Main Menu

Good article that details exactly why the bitcoin is a pyramid scheme

Started by Faust, April 09, 2013, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wisa1 on December 04, 2013, 01:30:15 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 02:04:11 AM

How many acres do you farm?

And how much training do these farmers you know do in small unit tactics?
about a dozen and in all honesty it's a long, long way from perfect, we are barely able to produce 50% of what we consume.
However I am fully aware of "inherent laziness" and feel confident that were I no longer to be blessed with the lifetime efforts of god knows how many third world chumps the 50% could quickly become 200

As for the the real farmers who usually produce around 100000% their small unit tactics (ditto size of armory) is roughly on par if not a little higher than the local police force

"We?"

You wouldn't happen to be in Texas, would you?

Also, you're full of shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on December 04, 2013, 01:54:57 AM

What country are you from, simple farmboy turned warrior-king? I am from New Zealand which is MADE of farmers and their small unit tactics are limited to convincing dogs to chase sheep and pummeling each other in bar brawls.

Bullshitlandia.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 03, 2013, 08:48:54 PM
One man against 30.  It could happen.   :lulz:

Because, you know, they're going to attack when he's ready for them, machine gun loaded, in his bunker.  Not when he's out working the fields or asleep or anything.

Because bandits fight fair.  It's right in their code of ethics.

When the farmer runs out of bullets, he will then resort to his extensive kung fu training, with which he filled all those long, long hours of downtime that farmers are saddled with.

The HFT do it all the time!

Cain

Ah yes, France, that nation with so many problems with bandits swarming over the Belgian, Swiss, Italian, German and Spainish borders.

Hotbeds of instability and criminality, one and all.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Wisa1 on December 04, 2013, 01:09:34 AM
I still don't understand why increase in scale = inflation I would actually be extremely grateful if you could explain this one for me(no sarcasm intended).
Let's just leave it at people are complicated stupid assholes. This leads to changes in perceived value. This leads to people doing complicated stupid assholish things to money (think of stocks or investing capital but not time and hogging all the results of other people's labor, or some of the more complicated tricks banks pulled that are fucking is over now). The effects of this gets bigger with increased scale. people cheating to make themselves richer lead to inflation, people cheating to make themselves poorer lead to deflation. People are slightly more cunning than stupid so ergo inflation.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: :regret: on December 04, 2013, 09:21:04 AM
I still don't understand why increase in scale = inflation I would actually be extremely grateful if you could explain this one for me(no sarcasm intended).
Let's just leave it at people are complicated stupid assholes. This leads to changes in perceived value. This leads to people doing complicated stupid assholish things to money (think of stocks or investing capital but not time and hogging all the results of other people's labor, or some of the more complicated tricks banks pulled that are fucking is over now). The effects of this gets bigger with increased scale. people cheating to make themselves richer lead to inflation, people cheating to make themselves poorer lead to deflation. People are slightly more cunning than stupid so ergo inflation.

Um, it can also mean increasing the money supply so that a novel has a higher value than a piece of candy, for example.

LMNO

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 04, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Um, it can also mean increasing the money supply so that a novel has a higher value than a piece of candy, for example.
I already consider this a complicated subject and that isn't helping me.
Now, by 'increasing the money supply' I assume you mean printing more money?
How does increasing the money supply make novels more expensive than candy?
Why are you assuming they weren't more expensive already?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Wisa1

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 04, 2013, 03:03:27 AM
Also, you're full of shit.
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 04, 2013, 03:04:13 AM
Quote from: Pæs on December 04, 2013, 01:54:57 AM

What country are you from, simple farmboy turned warrior-king? I am from New Zealand which is MADE of farmers and their small unit tactics are limited to convincing dogs to chase sheep and pummeling each other in bar brawls.

Bullshitlandia.

I can't help but feel this discussion is getting a little off topic and as much as I enjoy defending my integrity (and the fighting skills of french farmers) to a band of faceless Discordian avatars would it be ok with you guys if we got back to economics?

I still maintain that the current economic system is deeply flawed.
This assumption is based on my observation of the highly innefficient and volatile distribution of labour and resources.
I beleive this is because we are using an economic system which was formulated on the philosophies of Adam Smith and Thomas Hobbes both undoubtedly intelligent men but who happened to lived on an earth which was very very different to the one we live in today.
For those who disagree I would like to know why? That is "Why is the current system not inefficient or volatile?" not "I can't think of a better one"
Admitting there is a problem is the first step towards finding a solution. Looking at an inefficent/immature/outdated process and simply stating 'well I can't think of a better way to do this therefore the current way MUST be the BEST way" is tantamount to a crime against evolution and not a very healthy way of thinking if you believe in the continued survival of the human race.

p.s. If anyone is genuinely interested in my personal life rather than the fine sport of NoobBaiting I'd be more than happy to answer any questions and send you some photos of the farm via email or PM.
"As I treks through the cesspit I sharps up my wit"
"We dont wanna be, we just be"
-Roots Manuva

Wisa1

That makes sense. So I guess that means we should be looking for a system that's harder to tamper with, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the idea behind the gold standard?
"As I treks through the cesspit I sharps up my wit"
"We dont wanna be, we just be"
-Roots Manuva

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Wisa1 on December 06, 2013, 11:08:45 AM

That makes sense. So I guess that means we should be looking for a system that's harder to tamper with, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the idea behind the gold standard?
Hmmm, not comparing gold to fiat but gold is no longer as stable a standard as it used to be. New techniques are continuously being implemented to mine more gold destabilizing the input of gold into the market and thus the goldprice. Add to that the huge size of the economy (as understood by those who buy and sell currencies for profit1) being used as leverage against the gold value, allowing changes not related to gold to greatly influence the price of gold. For example: If a company or corporation could boom and/or crash the economy and buy/sell gold in just the right sequence then they could make crazy amounts of money. Of course, the same technique can be used against fiat currencies.

1 perception is important here

Cain

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/11/18/meet-the-assassination-market-creator-whos-crowdfunding-murder-with-bitcoins/

QuoteAs Bitcoin becomes an increasingly popular form of digital cash, the cryptocurrency is being accepted in exchange for everything from socks to sushi to heroin. If one anarchist has his way, it'll soon be used to buy murder, too.

Last month I received an encrypted email from someone calling himself by the pseudonym Kuwabatake Sanjuro, who pointed me towards his recent creation: The website Assassination Market, a crowdfunding service that lets anyone anonymously contribute bitcoins towards a bounty on the head of any government official–a kind of Kickstarter for political assassinations. According to Assassination Market's rules, if someone on its hit list is killed–and yes, Sanjuro hopes that many targets will be–any hitman who can prove he or she was responsible receives the collected funds.

For now, the site's rewards are small but not insignificant. In the four months that Assassination Market has been online, six targets have been submitted by users, and bounties have been collected ranging from ten bitcoins for the murder of NSA director Keith Alexander and 40 bitcoins for the assassination of President Barack Obama to 124.14 bitcoins–the largest current bounty on the site–targeting Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve and public enemy number one for many of Bitcoin's anti-banking-system users. At Bitcoin's current rapidly rising exchanges rate, that's nearly $75,000 for Bernanke's would-be killer.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro is, of course, the ronin hero of the story Yojimbo, who poses as a bodyguard to play corrupt warlords against each other and cause the factions to kill each other off.

LMNO

Is it that people are that ignorant of one of the 20th century's greatest filmmakers, or is that a bit TOO obvious?

Pæs

"bounties have been collected" is misleading wording if nobody has been assassinated yet.