News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Good article that details exactly why the bitcoin is a pyramid scheme

Started by Faust, April 09, 2013, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Hmm

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/company/avarus-inc-841122-65957

QuoteStatus   Withdrawn (12/16/2010)

Super risky IPO for a product that has limited appeal to a niche audience at a premium price. Not really surprising that it didn't go ahead.

Who's this Howarth chap? Could he be the same Paul Howarth linked to:
http://www.graystone1.com/
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=36215974&ticker=FTER&previousCapId=34264356&previousTitle=The%20M%C3%A9zey%20Howarth%20Group%2C%20Inc
http://www.graystone1.com/projects/gorilla#

QuoteIn June 2011, the Company acquired the Gorilla Project. The purchase price for the property was $44,000 USD.  The project consists of 400 hectares (one hectares equals 2.47 acres) located in Loreto, Peru (Northern Peru).   

The Gorilla Project operation involves alluvial mining of gold from the deposits of sand and gravel usually left from modern or ancient stream beds.

American Mining firm with a strong presence in Peru. I'm having to assume up to no good here because it's an American mining firm in Peru.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

I just ended up in a bitcoin forum and now I'm covered in shit and dumb.

If anyone wants a link to gawp at, hxxps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=34.0

Try "politics". Notice the "Dark enlightenment" thread. Prepare to extend jaw to tabletop.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 23, 2014, 10:39:24 AM

Try "politics". Notice the "Dark enlightenment" thread. Prepare to extend jaw to tabletop.

Well I know how Im spending tonight.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Dark Enlightenment people are all basically role-playing trust fundies, aren't they?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

First post in Dark Enlightenment thread:

QuoteWarning, this will exceed the intellectual capacity of most readers here. This is intended for the high IQ audience of Eric's blog.

Junkenstein

Yeah, after that line I knew I'd need a couple of changes of pants to get through the first page, let alone the thread.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 23, 2014, 10:13:26 PM

The Dark Enlightenment people are all basically role-playing trust fundies, aren't they?

Its a bunch of libertarian who decided being a garden variety Ayn Rand sociopath wasnt edgy enough. Also skimming their manifesto about half of it is about the genetic inferiority of black people with mentions of "states rights" sprinkled in.

Cain

Dark Enlightenment weenies are fun.

I will say this: many are surprisingly open to civil conversation, even with people they are obviously never going to convert to the "cause".  Which does make me wonder how much of their pompous posturing is a desperate plea for attention....

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on June 23, 2014, 10:15:12 PM
First post in Dark Enlightenment thread:

QuoteWarning, this will exceed the intellectual capacity of most readers here. This is intended for the high IQ audience of Eric's blog.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 23, 2014, 10:36:20 PM
Dark Enlightenment weenies are fun.

I will say this: many are surprisingly open to civil conversation, even with people they are obviously never going to convert to the "cause".  Which does make me wonder how much of their pompous posturing is a desperate plea for attention....

WON'T SOMEBODY TALK TO MEEEEEEE

Cain

I know someone we could send over who is desperate for attention...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 24, 2014, 12:08:24 AM

Ooooh... I'm sure they would LOVE her.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 24, 2014, 01:36:05 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 24, 2014, 12:08:24 AM

Ooooh... I'm sure they would LOVE her.

FUCK THAT.

They need KITTY PARSONS.  Poetry is good for the soul.  :)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on June 23, 2014, 10:27:04 PM

Its a bunch of libertarian who decided being a garden variety Ayn Rand sociopath wasnt edgy enough. Also skimming their manifesto about half of it is about the genetic inferiority of black people with mentions of "states rights" sprinkled in.

We had one here for a bit.  "Brother Nihil".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 24, 2014, 02:58:44 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on June 23, 2014, 10:27:04 PM

We had one here for a bit.  "Brother Nihil".

This is gold.

Quote from: Brother Nihil on March 11, 2014, 07:36:28 PM
I pity Westerners who have never experienced Russia, land of the free, the straight, and the sexy!