News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cramulus

what a fuckin image

Columbia, the made-up goddess of America, spreading White People across the land, booting natives into the pacific ocean and then saying "you're welcome"

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

PopeTom

Peak Boston apocalypse shopping.

Photo taken by a friend in a suburb of Boston, MA

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Bruno

Tennessee is looking the same way.
Formerly something else...

altered

Quote from: Bruno on March 15, 2020, 04:09:22 AM

Chicago too.

It's about to get FUN around here.

I think TGRR gave a timeline once of how long without basic necessities people need to go before assumptions about social order break down. Anyone have that lying around?

God, thinking of TGRR: It's a shame he didn't live to see this time we are living in. He would have died as he lived: shouting like a punk vocalist on a whiskey bender, and Absolutely Reeking of Prophecy. Instead he was buried in an unmarked grave behind a Costco by men in serious suits. Very sad.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

AFAIK, right now it's just hoarding that's causing the shortages. The hoarders will eventually run out of room for powdered milk, Bisquick, and TP. People who didn't hear about the panic, or ignored it will get by just fine on fresh vegetables and vegan cheese in the interim.

If the supply chain starts falling apart, then HOO-BOY. The gun nuts are already openly salivating over the idea of killing people and taking their Bisquick. They've been preparing for this moment their whole lives.
Formerly something else...

altered

It's interesting: the Asian markets are decently stocked, everywhere else is barren. Our local Aldi has a box of miniature chocolate chip muffins. That's it. They're sat at the checkout, positioned like they might be hiding some off brand altoids to entice the unwary. No one wants them, they look funky.

I should have taken a picture.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

PopeTom

Because sometime real life writes the funniest jokes.

Note date stamps.

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on March 15, 2020, 05:30:45 AM
Quote from: Bruno on March 15, 2020, 04:09:22 AM

Chicago too.

It's about to get FUN around here.

I think TGRR gave a timeline once of how long without basic necessities people need to go before assumptions about social order break down. Anyone have that lying around?

God, thinking of TGRR: It's a shame he didn't live to see this time we are living in. He would have died as he lived: shouting like a punk vocalist on a whiskey bender, and Absolutely Reeking of Prophecy. Instead he was buried in an unmarked grave behind a Costco by men in serious suits. Very sad.

I always hated that bastard.  Prophets should be kicked down the block as a sport.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Vex, this is for you, because fuck you

Cramulus