News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

PopeTom

Quote from: The Johnny on August 20, 2020, 04:57:40 AM

Come to think of it weren't the Boomers the same people responsible for the Satanic Panic of the early 80s and the PMRC of the min to late 80s?
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Cramulus

LMNO

The bucket made me choke on my coffee.  Well played.

:golfclap:

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Johnny

I mean what answer did they expect? "Cut more taxes for the rich"?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Probably "we must lobby Congress to create a jobs program while extending the furlough, which will then have some insane provision about imprisoning all blacks as suspected Antifa supersoldiers by Trump loyalists, which then won't pass the Senate, and then we have have a nice strike or something". Working America aren't actually entirely terrible but their politics is located in a kind of genteel 1970s workers unionism that thinks compromise and strikes can achieve everything.

Cramulus

we really need to get CEOs some de-escalation training

PopeTom

Seen in a CNN interview of Trump supporters in denial about the election outcome.

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Hail Eris!

PopeTom

Image seen in a list of AP 2020 photographs.

Figured PD people might like it as much as I do.

QuoteA protester in an Elmo mask dances as a street fire burns on May 30, 2020, during a protest in Philadelphia over the death of George Floyd, a Black man who was killed while in police custody in Minneapolis on May 25. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
-PopeTom

Hail Eris!

altered

Generated by a bot, unable to find the basis, i laughed so hard i nearly died twice suffocating on my own laughter

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/741720250374029362/786283875789176842/free_of_sin.PNG
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.