News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 29, 2013, 10:03:02 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 29, 2013, 10:02:05 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 29, 2013, 09:57:50 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 29, 2013, 09:55:50 PM
WELCOME, MORTALS, TO MY TOMATO PATIO!

I can think of about 50 advantages (resources, ease of harvest, shade gained instead of plants stepped on, etc) of doing it that way, and only two real disadvantages (blight and wind).

Yeah, it's actually totally brilliant. And probably has the yield of about 6 conventionally grown tomato plants.

Looks like way more than that, though I am hardly an expert.

Depends on how you grow them, I expect, and what part of the country you're growing them in. That is a spectacularly large plant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 29, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

I can think of about 50 advantages (resources, ease of harvest, shade gained instead of plants stepped on, etc) of doing it that way, and only two real disadvantages (blight and wind).

Yeah, it's actually totally brilliant. And probably has the yield of about 6 conventionally grown tomato plants.

Depends on how you grow them, I expect, and what part of the country you're growing them in. That is a spectacularly large plant.

Neat thing is, it protects the base of the plant from direct sunlight.  Put a bunch of these together, and you could grow tomatoes on a large scale in Arizona.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 29, 2013, 10:23:10 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on May 29, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Neat thing is, it protects the base of the plant from direct sunlight.  Put a bunch of these together, and you could grow tomatoes on a large scale in Arizona.

That would be AWESOME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Junkenstein

Epcot had (has?) a farily large section devoted to sustainable food, hydroponics etc. Attached Restaurant apparently serves only food grown on premises.

It was actually the best thing about the whole Disney experience when I was a child.

No idea about now though.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 30, 2013, 04:58:24 PM
Epcot had (has?) a farily large section devoted to sustainable food, hydroponics etc. Attached Restaurant apparently serves only food grown on premises.

It was actually the best thing about the whole Disney experience when I was a child.

No idea about now though.

That's neat! I looked it up and found this:

http://thephotogardenbee.com/2010/01/03/disneys-epcot-greenhouses-are-amazing-part-i-the-land/

COOOOOOOL!!!

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

BUT I JUST NOW FOUND THE TOMATO TREE!!!!!  :cry:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky