News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

"Facial corsets", for painful but knife-free alternatives to plastic surgery.

A facial recognition project for picking faces out of a crowd, sponsored by NEC.

A novel prosthetic foot from the person who brought us the prosthetic arm with a prehensile spiral plastic tentacle.

A plate from a 1974 article about video games by Stewart Brand. The plate shows Alan Kay and colleagues, and their Dynabook mockup (which became the basis for modern tablet computing devices, by way of the Apple Newton). This plate also shows someone using a mouse; the people at PARC were working with mice regularly at this time, although it had its origins with Engelbart's NLS project.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

Quote from: Phosphatidylserine on June 05, 2013, 02:02:48 PM
Maybe it's too early in the morning for me, because I saw that 'Brokeback Mountain 2" image and thought that both of the people in it were Weird Al Yankovic.

It's true, Al has an incredible rack.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Phosphatidylserine on June 05, 2013, 11:45:39 PM

"Facial corsets", for painful but knife-free alternatives to plastic surgery.

A facial recognition project for picking faces out of a crowd, sponsored by NEC.

Let me off this planet. Fuck humanity.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Pæs

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on June 01, 2013, 07:40:50 PM
Quote from: stelz on June 01, 2013, 06:43:10 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: This meme is hilarious.
That imageset bothers me in ways I find hard to describe.

First off, it's perfectly transparent about advertising snickers. But, it doesn't even get their ad right.

Second, it implies that (1) God speaks english, (2) he's unreasonable in his desire to kill everyone, (3) he's only trying to kill everyone because he's hungry, and (4) a candy bar will make him feel better.

In other words, the person who initially made it completely failed (on many levels) to comprehend the basic ideas of both The Bible and candy bar commercials, and yet decided to combine them anyway. Probably, if I posted this rant to him directly, he'd have a hissy fit and complain about how I'm ruining his fun.

I guess what really bothers me is that the world contains people like the one who made that photoset and posted it initially without realizing anything was wrong with it.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Pæs on June 09, 2013, 12:14:46 AM

First off, it's perfectly transparent about advertising snickers. But, it doesn't even get their ad right.

Second, it implies that (1) God speaks english, (2) he's unreasonable in his desire to kill everyone, (3) he's only trying to kill everyone because he's hungry, and (4) a candy bar will make him feel better.

In other words, the person who initially made it completely failed (on many levels) to comprehend the basic ideas of both The Bible and candy bar commercials, and yet decided to combine them anyway. Probably, if I posted this rant to him directly, he'd have a hissy fit and complain about how I'm ruining his fun.

I guess what really bothers me is that the world contains people like the one who made that photoset and posted it initially without realizing anything was wrong with it.

I'm fucking dying.

Cain

Quote from: six to the quixotic on June 09, 2013, 01:03:46 AM

I'm fucking dying.

That phrase bothers me in ways I find hard to describe.

First off, it's perfectly transparent about advertising sex and dying. But, it doesn't even get their ad right.

Second, it implies that (1) Phrases on the internet and elsewhere can kill people, (2) that it kills you in such a way that you still have time to tell us about it, (3) that you have nothing better to do with your final moments on this earth, and (4) the Welsh have learnt to type in English.

In other words, the person who makes such a comment completely fails (on many levels) to comprehend the basic ideas of both fucking and dying, and yet decided to combine them anyway. Probably, if I posted this rant to him directly, he'd have a hissy fit and complain about how I'm ruining his fun.

I guess what really bothers me is that the world contains people like the one who made that kind of comment and posted it initially without realizing anything was wrong with it.

Freeky

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on June 09, 2013, 01:07:25 AM

I'm fucking dying.

First off, it's perfectly transparent about advertising sex and dying. But, it doesn't even get their ad right.

Second, it implies that (1) Phrases on the internet and elsewhere can kill people, (2) that it kills you in such a way that you still have time to tell us about it, (3) that you have nothing better to do with your final moments on this earth, and (4) the Welsh have learnt to type in English.

In other words, the person who makes such a comment completely fails (on many levels) to comprehend the basic ideas of both fucking and dying, and yet decided to combine them anyway. Probably, if I posted this rant to him directly, he'd have a hissy fit and complain about how I'm ruining his fun.

I guess what really bothers me is that the world contains people like the one who made that kind of comment and posted it initially without realizing anything was wrong with it.

OMG i created a monster  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 09, 2013, 01:07:25 AM

I'm fucking dying.

:mittens:  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: both of you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: The Johnny on June 08, 2013, 04:56:57 AM

what is this even? duck reflections?
So far as I can tell, the ducks are real, and everything else is a reflection.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Phosphatidylserine on June 09, 2013, 05:06:51 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on June 08, 2013, 04:56:57 AM

what is this even? duck reflections?
So far as I can tell, the ducks are real, and everything else is a reflection.

No, the ducks are swimming in the sky.

Duh.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."