News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

It drives me INSANE how everything can be taken as an ALLEGORY.

CCTV operator marks policeman as suspicious (a person that should be looking out for "suspicious" people, not be the "suspicious person" itself)

It denounces an ineffective, gargantuan system that validates itself thru chasing its own tail and finding crime where there is no crime while ignoring the real crime that is happening somewhere else!
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on June 25, 2013, 11:14:01 PM

It drives me INSANE how everything can be taken as an ALLEGORY.

CCTV operator marks policeman as suspicious (a person that should be looking out for "suspicious" people, not be the "suspicious person" itself)

It denounces an ineffective, gargantuan system that validates itself thru chasing its own tail and finding crime where there is no crime while ignoring the real crime that is happening somewhere else!

See, to me, that's poetry in motion.
Molon Lube

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Johnny

:love:

GLORIOUS SUCCESSOR!!!!!!!

I SHALL NOT REST TILL THIS IS INCLUDED AS AN OFFICIALLY SPONDSORED GIF OF PD

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

-B.F. Skinner

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Johnny on June 29, 2013, 01:39:57 AM

:love:

GLORIOUS SUCCESSOR!!!!!!!

I SHALL NOT REST TILL THIS IS INCLUDED AS AN OFFICIALLY SPONDSORED GIF OF PD

i understand...it needs to be sped up--preferably with yakkity sax playing in the background.

Left

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on June 29, 2013, 04:29:04 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 26, 2013, 01:16:06 AM

We are unique, just like everyone else.

I know that was supposed to be funny or edgy or something, but the fact remains that the whole "we are mindless automatons destined to drone on until death like the replaceable parts in my mechanical brain" meme is sort of misleading. Sure, a lot of us do similar things. That tends to happen when the same kinds of things are available to do in a given area. There are a lot of us doing similar things and that means we have to do even more similar things to keep the whole system afloat.

People are unique. I haven't ever met two people who are literally exactly the same, have you? I've met people who like to get together a lot and talk about how alike they all are, but they're still individuals despite all that. I can tell the difference between most of my friends, too.

I think it's a disservice to dismiss "we are all different" with such cynicism. We ARE all different, no matter how alike we may look from some angles. Imposing this myth of "universal similarity" can be incredibly insulting to someone who doesn't want to be a carbon copy of the person next to them, and especially people who come from a background of people demanding to be acknowledged and considered as unique individuals, only to have that struggle washed away with a bland "oh I get it, we're all the SAME!"

It's the same as "I don't see race" and "I don't see gender." Well, first of all, yes you bloody well do, and the only person who can afford to say they don't is a person who is unaffected by the disparities that are going on based on the differences they willfully ignore. Second of all, why the fuck would anyone want to look at all of humanity and see 7 billion basically similar people? Seriously, that sounds like the one of the most boring of all possible worldviews.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Salty

Quote from: V3X on June 29, 2013, 04:41:27 AM

I know that was supposed to be funny or edgy or something, but the fact remains that the whole "we are mindless automatons destined to drone on until death like the replaceable parts in my mechanical brain" meme is sort of misleading. Sure, a lot of us do similar things. That tends to happen when the same kinds of things are available to do in a given area. There are a lot of us doing similar things and that means we have to do even more similar things to keep the whole system afloat.

People are unique. I haven't ever met two people who are literally exactly the same, have you? I've met people who like to get together a lot and talk about how alike they all are, but they're still individuals despite all that. I can tell the difference between most of my friends, too.

I think it's a disservice to dismiss "we are all different" with such cynicism. We ARE all different, no matter how alike we may look from some angles. Imposing this myth of "universal similarity" can be incredibly insulting to someone who doesn't want to be a carbon copy of the person next to them, and especially people who come from a background of people demanding to be acknowledged and considered as unique individuals, only to have that struggle washed away with a bland "oh I get it, we're all the SAME!"

It's the same as "I don't see race" and "I don't see gender." Well, first of all, yes you bloody well do, and the only person who can afford to say they don't is a person who is unaffected by the disparities that are going on based on the differences they willfully ignore. Second of all, why the fuck would anyone want to look at all of humanity and see 7 billion basically similar people? Seriously, that sounds like the one of the most boring of all possible worldviews.

:potd:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Left

Quote from: V3X on June 29, 2013, 04:41:27 AM

...If you're trying to mind read, you haven't *quite* got it yet, because you're reading far more into it than I said, or meant.
Putting words I didn't say in my mouth, and I *don't* like it at all.

Of course we're all different.  Of course we're not robots.

Who are you projecting onto me, and why are you confronting me and not them?

None of us REALLY understand one another. 
We're alone.
We're pointless, frail little beings doomed to suffer, watch our dreams perish, writhe in agony, be overcome by our own weakness, and die a horrible and pointless death.
And all for absolutely nothing.
NOTHING.

And the fucked up thing, is that we find ways to make this nightmare even worse for each other, on purpose, as if it needed our help or something.

Quite often by deciding that harmless differences between us  are something to persecute each other for.

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy