News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 22, 2013, 05:24:12 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 05:20:18 PM
"Clop-shaming"? "Fursecution"?

I don't know how I feel about this. A little  :horrormirth:
but at the same time, I kind of think bronies are cute and pretty much harmless, and possibly reflective of a social shift toward tolerance and pacifism, so I can't really hate on them.

I can laugh at them without hating on them.

Pretty much, yeah. Then you have the usual loudmouths at both ends:

People who are actually offended by the idea that someone likes something not 'appropriate' to their demographic, and feel the need to set those people straight.

And the people who can't reconcile the ideas that something can be silly and laughable, and that they can still like it without needing the approval of everyone around them.

But it all makes for so much :popcorn: , so let 'em screech, I say.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: /b/earman on July 22, 2013, 05:33:03 PM

but at the same time, I kind of think bronies are cute and pretty much harmless, and possibly reflective of a social shift toward tolerance and pacifism, so I can't really hate on them.

:highfive

And then there's the reverse approach.   People like TGRR, Binks, and ECH hate on them, but they hate on EVERYONE, so it's okay.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 22, 2013, 05:29:43 PM

I encourage this line of thinking.

They are fucking HILARIOUS. :mind ray:

They are hilarious.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I think this marks the post as a false flag.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Suu

Look what just washed up in RI today!

Reason #432 why I hate the Atlantic Ocean, and would rather swim with bull sharks on the other side of a sandbar from me in the Gulf of Mexico. Motherfucker! These things will KILL YOU.

No folks, that isn't Cthulhu placenta or a shoggoth, or the spawn of Yog Sothoth...that there is Portuguese Man Of War. It's not a jellyfish, it's a colony of toxic microorganisms attached to an air bladder and they float around the North Atlantic for fun and profit. They're common visitors to Southern New England in the summer time. This is what Tucson would breed if it was underwater.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Could be worse.  Australia gets box jellyfish, which is meant to be so bad that getting stung by a Man O'War afterwards would actually be a relief in terms of pain.

Alongside stonefish and blue-ringed octopi and saltwater crocs and kraits and sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2013, 02:17:01 AM
Look what just washed up in RI today!

Reason #432 why I hate the Atlantic Ocean, and would rather swim with bull sharks on the other side of a sandbar from me in the Gulf of Mexico. Motherfucker! These things will KILL YOU.

No folks, that isn't Cthulhu placenta or a shoggoth, or the spawn of Yog Sothoth...that there is Portuguese Man Of War. It's not a jellyfish, it's a colony of toxic microorganisms attached to an air bladder and they float around the North Atlantic for fun and profit. They're common visitors to Southern New England in the summer time. This is what Tucson would breed if it was underwater.

If we were underwater, we'd still all die of dehydration. 

11,000 feet down, under mostly coliche and coyote poop, is an ancient sea bed.  It has been dehydrated.  There is no hope, no light, no water, and no air.  It's Tucson, and your aquatic alien life cannot survive here.

So, instead, we have Mojave rattlers and tarantula hawks.

QuoteUnique venom characteristics

All rattlesnake venoms are complex cocktails of enzymes and other proteins that vary greatly in composition and effects, not only between species, but also between geographic populations within the same species. C. scutulatus is widely regarded as producing one of the most toxic snake venoms in the New World, based on LD50 studies in laboratory mice.[15] Their potent venom is the result of a presynaptic neurotoxin composed of two distinct peptide subunits.[16] The basic subunit (a phospholipase A2) is mildly toxic and apparently rather common in North American rattlesnake venoms.[17] The less common acidic subunit is not toxic by itself, but in combination with the basic subunit, produces the potent neurotoxin called "Mojave toxin". Nearly identical neurotoxins have been discovered in five North American rattlesnake species besides C. scutulatus.[17] However, not all populations express both subunits. The venom of many Mojave rattlesnakes from south-central Arizona lacks the acidic subunit and has been designated "venom B,"while Mojave rattlesnakes tested from all other areas express both subunits and have been designated "venom A" populations.[18]
Venom differences

Based on median LD50 values in lab mice, venom A from subspecies A Mojave rattlesnakes is more than ten times as toxic as venom B, from type B Mohave green rattlesnakes which lacks Mojave toxin.[19] Medical treatment as soon as possible after a bite is critical to a positive outcome, dramatically increasing chances for survival.[20]

However, venom B causes pronounced proteolytic and hemorrhagic effects, similar to the bites of other rattlesnake species; these effects are significantly reduced or absent from bites by venom A snakes.[11] Risk to life and limb is still significant, as with all rattlesnakes, if not treated as soon as possible after a bite.

No longer entirely accurate.  The venom A snake has displaced the venom B snake in Southern Arizona, because Tucson.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Suu

I have to admit I find tarantula hawks are fucking cool...until I'm ever chased by one, of course.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Coming soon to a new and improved AmericaTM near you:

First it was abortion, then it was birth control, then it was voting rights, and then it was back to the early 1920s when women would be censored for their bathing suits showing off too much! I think they may have tried to share a beach with the men, too!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2013, 03:13:03 AM
I have to admit I find tarantula hawks are fucking cool...until I'm ever chased by one, of course.

We also have these great big mechanical looking hornets.  Last year, I got off the treadmill and went out back to cool down...And one of those bastards crossed the yard like he was on a mission, flew up my shorts, and went batshit.
Molon Lube

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.