Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2013, 03:17:37 AM
Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2013, 03:13:03 AM
I have to admit I find tarantula hawks are fucking cool...until I'm ever chased by one, of course.

We also have these great big mechanical looking hornets.  Last year, I got off the treadmill and went out back to cool down...And one of those bastards crossed the yard like he was on a mission, flew up my shorts, and went batshit.

And you say we have too much nature. WTF do you call THAT?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2013, 03:29:38 AM
I have to admit I find tarantula hawks are fucking cool...until I'm ever chased by one, of course.

We also have these great big mechanical looking hornets.  Last year, I got off the treadmill and went out back to cool down...And one of those bastards crossed the yard like he was on a mission, flew up my shorts, and went batshit.

One (1) hornet.

Of course, as soon as it did so, I reflexively started punching my junk and screaming.  THEN the neighbor looks over the fence.

Needless to say, it did not help my reputation as an upstanding citizen.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2013, 03:30:53 AM

One (1) hornet.

Of course, as soon as it did so, I reflexively started punching my junk and screaming.  THEN the neighbor looks over the fence.

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2013, 03:45:41 AM

One (1) hornet.

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution.

Thank God Richter wasn't there.
Molon Lube

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 23, 2013, 02:57:14 AM
Could be worse.  Australia gets box jellyfish, which is meant to be so bad that getting stung by a Man O'War afterwards would actually be a relief in terms of pain.

Alongside stonefish and blue-ringed octopi and saltwater crocs and kraits and sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

Yeah, but AUSTRALIA.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, look at how you were dressed...

You were asking for it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

One (1) hornet.

:lulz: Oh, to have seen that!

Left

Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2013, 02:17:01 AM
Look what just washed up in RI today!

Reason #432 why I hate the Atlantic Ocean, and would rather swim with bull sharks on the other side of a sandbar from me in the Gulf of Mexico. Motherfucker! These things will KILL YOU.

No folks, that isn't Cthulhu placenta or a shoggoth, or the spawn of Yog Sothoth...that there is Portuguese Man Of War. It's not a jellyfish, it's a colony of toxic microorganisms attached to an air bladder and they float around the North Atlantic for fun and profit. They're common visitors to Southern New England in the summer time. This is what Tucson would breed if it was underwater.

I remember going to the beach one winter and finding there seemed to be a flotilla invasion of them, they were everywhere.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Jez

Doktor Howl

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 23, 2013, 05:58:47 AM

Well, look at how you were dressed...

You were asking for it.

:(  <--- Is a dirty little thing.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Reason #432 why I hate the Atlantic Ocean, and would rather swim with bull sharks on the other side of a sandbar from me in the Gulf of Mexico. Motherfucker! These things will KILL YOU.

No folks, that isn't Cthulhu placenta or a shoggoth, or the spawn of Yog Sothoth...that there is Portuguese Man Of War. It's not a jellyfish, it's a colony of toxic microorganisms attached to an air bladder and they float around the North Atlantic for fun and profit. They're common visitors to Southern New England in the summer time. This is what Tucson would breed if it was underwater.

Portuguese Man of War are an urban legend. That's actually a mylar birthday party balloon. After they lose their helium they float around in the ocean for basically eternity.

snopes.com

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on July 23, 2013, 03:00:04 PM

Portuguese Man of War are an urban legend. That's actually a mylar birthday party balloon. After they lose their helium they float around in the ocean for basically eternity.

snopes.com

:lulz:

I submit that Portugal itself is an urban legend.
Molon Lube