News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 23, 2013, 03:03:57 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on July 23, 2013, 03:00:04 PM
Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2013, 02:17:01 AM
Look what just washed up in RI today!

Reason #432 why I hate the Atlantic Ocean, and would rather swim with bull sharks on the other side of a sandbar from me in the Gulf of Mexico. Motherfucker! These things will KILL YOU.

No folks, that isn't Cthulhu placenta or a shoggoth, or the spawn of Yog Sothoth...that there is Portuguese Man Of War. It's not a jellyfish, it's a colony of toxic microorganisms attached to an air bladder and they float around the North Atlantic for fun and profit. They're common visitors to Southern New England in the summer time. This is what Tucson would breed if it was underwater.

Portuguese Man of War are an urban legend. That's actually a mylar birthday party balloon. After they lose their helium they float around in the ocean for basically eternity.

snopes.com

:lulz:

I submit that Portugal itself is an urban legend.

It has to be. With all the Portuguese in the South Coast of MA, there couldn't possibly be any left in the homeland.

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cramulus

this is how I'm spending my last day before vacation

1. Print out several pictures of Burt Reynolds
2. Put them in a folder labeled "meeting agenda"
3. Drop it off in a random conference room

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on July 23, 2013, 05:53:48 PM

This fills me with delight.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on July 23, 2013, 05:53:48 PM

Molon Lube

Cramulus

Trip had a great idea to make it even more bizarre and confusing -- The folder should have like nine pictures of burt reynolds and one random picture, like a hardboiled egg or something.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on July 23, 2013, 06:13:14 PM
Trip had a great idea to make it even more bizarre and confusing -- The folder should have like nine pictures of burt reynolds and one random picture, like a hardboiled egg or something.

Yessss

or a stick.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 23, 2013, 03:22:18 PM

Reason #432 why I hate the Atlantic Ocean, and would rather swim with bull sharks on the other side of a sandbar from me in the Gulf of Mexico. Motherfucker! These things will KILL YOU.

No folks, that isn't Cthulhu placenta or a shoggoth, or the spawn of Yog Sothoth...that there is Portuguese Man Of War. It's not a jellyfish, it's a colony of toxic microorganisms attached to an air bladder and they float around the North Atlantic for fun and profit. They're common visitors to Southern New England in the summer time. This is what Tucson would breed if it was underwater.

Portuguese Man of War are an urban legend. That's actually a mylar birthday party balloon. After they lose their helium they float around in the ocean for basically eternity.

snopes.com

It has to be. With all the Portuguese in the South Coast of MA, there couldn't possibly be any left in the homeland.

I always knew that cheap Madeira tasted like sweaty Fall River taint. Clearly the grapes must be  cultivated near the Brayton Point "Seriously, we swear it's not nuclear!" Power Plant.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

PopeTom

GIMPing inspired by Facebook comments.

Hitler Kittens on Ark at Sea

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu on July 23, 2013, 06:45:37 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 23, 2013, 03:22:18 PM

snopes.com

I always knew that cheap Madeira tasted like sweaty Fall River taint. Clearly the grapes must be  cultivated near the Brayton Point "Seriously, we swear it's not nuclear!" Power Plant.

#1: what in the fuck are those things doing that far north. those fucking bastards are spreading like... like... something that fucking spreads far for no god damned reason
#2: we also have one of those "No no no, this isn't nuclear" power plants off to the north east that's always getting in trouble with the EPA. but it's not nuclear, so no worries  :wink:

Doktor Howl

That is a BAB, and you'd be better off with a reactor.
Molon Lube

Suu

We have an old nuke plant in Plymouth (Pilgrim). It should have been closed decades ago.

If that thing goes....so does Massachusetts and Rhode Island. People want it GONE.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Um, that pic isn't a reactor.  It's a BAB.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 12:57:31 AM
That is a BAB, and you'd be better off with a reactor.

It's disgusting, whatever it is. It ruined the Taunton River and dumps all kinds of fun into Narragansett Bay.