News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on July 24, 2013, 04:54:19 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 12:57:31 AM
That is a BAB, and you'd be better off with a reactor.

It's disgusting, whatever it is. It ruined the Taunton River and dumps all kinds of fun into Narragansett Bay.

It's a Burn Anthing Boiler plant.  See all that fucking coal off to the right?  That's all the radon you can suck down.  Plus dead animals, wood, anything combustible at all.

When animal control is shoving dead critters in the BAB on Alvernon here, the city smells of roses and win.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 04:55:53 PM

It's disgusting, whatever it is. It ruined the Taunton River and dumps all kinds of fun into Narragansett Bay.

It's a Burn Anthing Boiler plant.  See all that fucking coal off to the right?  That's all the radon you can suck down.  Plus dead animals, wood, anything combustible at all.

When animal control is shoving dead critters in the BAB on Alvernon here, the city smells of roses and win.

I never heard it called a BAB before. I don't know if I should be horrified or laughing.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 04:56:28 PM
Quote from: Suu on July 24, 2013, 04:55:44 PM
This is the actual nuke plant in the area: http://www.pilgrimpower.com/about-us/photo-gallery.html

Well, it's either that or die in the cold and the dark.

The only issue with that reactor is that it's old and creeping people out. It supplies MA with 14% of the entire state's power. That's no small number for a very populated state.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

Oh, ew. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad on July 24, 2013, 05:17:52 PM

That is a thing.  EVERYWHERE.
Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 05:29:19 PM

We didn't take you to Fall River when you were here. That power plant explains EVERYTHING.

Junkenstein

This is very true. Most people see the big cooling towers and automatically think Nuclear. I've seen more than a few idiot anti-nuclear protestors in front of coal plants.

Added Funny - The plants were closed and being demolished.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 24, 2013, 06:44:43 PM

This is very true. Most people see the big cooling towers and automatically think Nuclear. I've seen more than a few idiot anti-nuclear protestors in front of coal plants.

More added funny:  You get more radiation out of a properly-functioning coal plant than you do out of a properly functioning reactor.  By two orders of magnitude.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 24, 2013, 07:01:49 PM
Really? That's fucking hilarious!

Radon, baby.  It's what's for dinner.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

So what else is a radioactive hellhole? I know most large fuel/gas/oil tanks past a certain age can be a bitch for NORMs, but I've not dealt with that many in the past few years.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 06:47:48 PM

More added funny:  You get more radiation out of a properly-functioning coal plant than you do out of a properly functioning reactor.  By two orders of magnitude.

:eek:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2013, 06:47:48 PM

That is way too funny not to be true. :horrormirth:

Suu

I've heard the same. Coal has natural radiation that it emits when burned.