News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

That first paragraph reeks of severe mental illness.

The rest pretty much supports that idea. 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

Cain

I know something even more disturbing than this.

"Soulbonding."

ITZ LIKE BEING A SHAMAN, U GUYZ, ONLY TWILIGHT SPARKLE IS MY TOTEM ANIMAL.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Carlos Danger on August 13, 2013, 09:35:37 AM
I know something even more disturbing than this.

"Soulbonding."

ITZ LIKE BEING A SHAMAN, U GUYZ, ONLY TWILIGHT SPARKLE IS MY TOTEM ANIMAL.

Oh gods. I'd forgotten about the people who share souls with cartoon/videogame characters.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

There was/probably still is a small group of these on the TV Tropes forums.

Fast Eddy always got upset when I started posting in their threads.

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mome Papess Trivial on August 13, 2013, 01:33:12 PM
Reminds me of this article

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I think we can safely destroy civilization now, it;s done everything it set out to do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

McGrupp

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 13, 2013, 02:19:29 AM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 13, 2013, 02:18:27 AM
All the hair on my body just stood on end and I physically recoiled into my chair several times.

Still twitching, over here.

I have to go offline now, and find something to smash.

In the last few days I have read 'City of Silence' by Warren Ellis,  the sinister forces thread in high weirdness, and the usual horrifying government stuff in Aneristic Illusions. None of those things haunted my thoughts as I tried to sleep last night like the guy with the relationship with his stuffed animal.

I'm not sure I want to google soulbonding.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McGrupp on August 13, 2013, 05:08:16 PM
All the hair on my body just stood on end and I physically recoiled into my chair several times.

In the last few days I have read 'City of Silence' by Warren Ellis, 

Good one.  Now read Frankenstien's Womb.

Quotethe sinister forces thread in high weirdness, and the usual horrifying government stuff in Aneristic Illusions. None of those things haunted my thoughts as I tried to sleep last night like the guy with the relationship with his stuffed animal.

Yes, that was pretty awful.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

QuoteTwilight Sparkle is not your plaything nor your property, she's my fiance.

This amuses me on too many levels.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on August 13, 2013, 06:02:56 PM
QuoteTwilight Sparkle is not your plaything nor your property, she's my fiance.

This amuses me on too many levels.

That makes me wanna shit blood into his mouth

Junkenstein

In the last few days I have read 'City of Silence' by Warren Ellis,  the sinister forces thread in high weirdness, and the usual horrifying government stuff in Aneristic Illusions. None of those things haunted my thoughts as I tried to sleep last night like the guy with the relationship with his stuffed animal.

It's worth a read about. If nothing else the sheer magnitude of horror/idiocy/hilarity is classic. There was a great SA thread where one of these people moved into a shared house. Will try and find it because it's fucking GOLD.

ETA -http://www.mikebarr.net/archive/If_you_thought_furries_were_bad.htm

It starts about halfway down

QuoteInsane Housemate, Part I

Jul. 15th, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Anyway...all was fine until Roommate #6 left the house to get married. We were all sad to see her go and decided to wait a bit before replacing her. Since the house is paid for, all of the rent goes towards maintenance, taxes and general upkeep, so there wasn't a rush.

After a few months went by, we started the search. We received over 500 inquires and had 153 people fill out our "online application" that the lawyer set up. We tossed out the students and those who clearly did not meet our requirements, dropping the number of potentials down to about 50.

We asked those 50 to send us their bosses' phone number so we could verify their employment and contact information for their current landlord. Following that, the number of acceptables dropped down to 17.

Still not in a hurry, we phoned all 17 and interviewed them. Cutting the number to five, we paid to run background checks. Finally, we met them in person and then the housemates came to a consensus of our top three candidates.

And we made our decision to allow "Sarah" to live with us.
It was the biggest mistake ever.

Sarah
Sarah seemed to fit the bill. She was a programmer for a computer company (or so we were led to believe). She was 27 years old. She had a boyfriend but he lived in another part of the state. She was well spoken, seemed nice and quiet. She appeared to be the perfect fit for our house.

WRONG.

Everything about Sarah was a lie; even her name. When she had us run the background check, she gave us two names. Apparently she had legally changed it at some point. Ok, no problem. Matt did not pry as to WHY she changed her name, and the rest of us thought it was none of our business. Still, both names came up clean.

But there were more lies...many many more...

Sarah Moves In
On the day she moved in, she arrived in cab with luggage. It didn't seem odd, but she still had baggage tags on the luggage. She explained she had flown back east to visit her parents between the move out of her old place and move in here. Ok. Understandable.

A few days later, her stuff arrived. She had hired a major moving company to haul it for her. That went fine. She said she was taking a few days off from work to unpack. We thought nothing of this.

Until the following week when she "went to work" only to come home in tears saying she had been laid off. We felt for her and Matt told her not to worry since she had paid three months in advance. Everyone in the house offered to pass her resume around work, but she didn't seem very thankful.

She decided that she was going to apply to various game and computer companies in the area. One of the engineers who lives with us works for one and offered to help her get her foot in the door. He asked for her resume to pass around. She flubbed around saying it was on her computer and she hadn't unpacked it yet, but she would get it to him in the next few days.

The next few days she started to show her oddness. She complained that there was meat in the fridge and that she was a vegetarian. Matt told her she could keep her food in the carriage house fridge if she was concerned about that, but that most people here ate meat and that she would have to get over it. She whined and moped like a two year old. Matt, being the one to make peace, cleaned out his college fridge that he kept in his private den for his wine and offered it to her. Sarah scoffed at the thought that her food would fit in such a fridge, but accepted it and put it in the butler's pantry.

A week passed and she still didn't have a resume. Matt asked her if she needed help writing one. She said no, she had one, but she was going to visit her boyfriend that weekend so she didn't have time to think about a job.

Odd, that one who is unemployed would buy a plane ticket and fly north for a few days, right? Right.

She left and we decided that when she returned we would give her a "welcome" meal. We made a whole bunch of food—lots of it vegetarian—and when she showed up she just shook her head at the fact that we had also made meat. Matt assured her the meat and veggies had been cooked separately. She said, "It doesn't matter. You are prolonging your existence on this Earth at the expense of another."

The others and I were quite horrified at her rudeness, but we kept it ourselves.

Sarah and Videogames
In the three weeks that followed, Sarah was still unemployed. She spent all her time playing video games in the family room. She would play the same game over and over—some crappy looking RPG from the 90s. It has an unpronounceable name, but Sarah said she was "bonded" to the game. She also told us that she changed her name to be that of one of the game characters. Upon further discussion, she explained that she believed she was the human incarnation of this character and that they shared a soul.

RIGHT.

That's the point where they should have kicked her out. Instead it descends into utterly insane nonsense. It's not a short read.

McGrupp

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 13, 2013, 06:37:55 PM

It's worth a read about. If nothing else the sheer magnitude of horror/idiocy/hilarity is classic. There was a great SA thread where one of these people moved into a shared house. Will try and find it because it's fucking GOLD.

ETA -http://www.mikebarr.net/archive/If_you_thought_furries_were_bad.htm

It starts about halfway down

QuoteInsane Housemate, Part I

Jul. 15th, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Anyway...all was fine until Roommate #6 left the house to get married. We were all sad to see her go and decided to wait a bit before replacing her. Since the house is paid for, all of the rent goes towards maintenance, taxes and general upkeep, so there wasn't a rush.

After a few months went by, we started the search. We received over 500 inquires and had 153 people fill out our "online application" that the lawyer set up. We tossed out the students and those who clearly did not meet our requirements, dropping the number of potentials down to about 50.

We asked those 50 to send us their bosses' phone number so we could verify their employment and contact information for their current landlord. Following that, the number of acceptables dropped down to 17.

Still not in a hurry, we phoned all 17 and interviewed them. Cutting the number to five, we paid to run background checks. Finally, we met them in person and then the housemates came to a consensus of our top three candidates.

And we made our decision to allow "Sarah" to live with us.
It was the biggest mistake ever.

Sarah
Sarah seemed to fit the bill. She was a programmer for a computer company (or so we were led to believe). She was 27 years old. She had a boyfriend but he lived in another part of the state. She was well spoken, seemed nice and quiet. She appeared to be the perfect fit for our house.

WRONG.

Everything about Sarah was a lie; even her name. When she had us run the background check, she gave us two names. Apparently she had legally changed it at some point. Ok, no problem. Matt did not pry as to WHY she changed her name, and the rest of us thought it was none of our business. Still, both names came up clean.

But there were more lies...many many more...

Sarah Moves In
On the day she moved in, she arrived in cab with luggage. It didn't seem odd, but she still had baggage tags on the luggage. She explained she had flown back east to visit her parents between the move out of her old place and move in here. Ok. Understandable.

A few days later, her stuff arrived. She had hired a major moving company to haul it for her. That went fine. She said she was taking a few days off from work to unpack. We thought nothing of this.

Until the following week when she "went to work" only to come home in tears saying she had been laid off. We felt for her and Matt told her not to worry since she had paid three months in advance. Everyone in the house offered to pass her resume around work, but she didn't seem very thankful.

She decided that she was going to apply to various game and computer companies in the area. One of the engineers who lives with us works for one and offered to help her get her foot in the door. He asked for her resume to pass around. She flubbed around saying it was on her computer and she hadn't unpacked it yet, but she would get it to him in the next few days.

The next few days she started to show her oddness. She complained that there was meat in the fridge and that she was a vegetarian. Matt told her she could keep her food in the carriage house fridge if she was concerned about that, but that most people here ate meat and that she would have to get over it. She whined and moped like a two year old. Matt, being the one to make peace, cleaned out his college fridge that he kept in his private den for his wine and offered it to her. Sarah scoffed at the thought that her food would fit in such a fridge, but accepted it and put it in the butler's pantry.

A week passed and she still didn't have a resume. Matt asked her if she needed help writing one. She said no, she had one, but she was going to visit her boyfriend that weekend so she didn't have time to think about a job.

Odd, that one who is unemployed would buy a plane ticket and fly north for a few days, right? Right.

She left and we decided that when she returned we would give her a "welcome" meal. We made a whole bunch of food—lots of it vegetarian—and when she showed up she just shook her head at the fact that we had also made meat. Matt assured her the meat and veggies had been cooked separately. She said, "It doesn't matter. You are prolonging your existence on this Earth at the expense of another."

The others and I were quite horrified at her rudeness, but we kept it ourselves.

Sarah and Videogames
In the three weeks that followed, Sarah was still unemployed. She spent all her time playing video games in the family room. She would play the same game over and over—some crappy looking RPG from the 90s. It has an unpronounceable name, but Sarah said she was "bonded" to the game. She also told us that she changed her name to be that of one of the game characters. Upon further discussion, she explained that she believed she was the human incarnation of this character and that they shared a soul.

RIGHT.

That's the point where they should have kicked her out. Instead it descends into utterly insane nonsense. It's not a short read.

:lulz: Now I'm intrigued.

Cain

It's kinda a toss-up between Indigo Children, would-be Messiahs and "soulbonded" as to who is the most unique and special snowflake of them all.

I still go with Indigo Children, but just barely:

QuoteAll these so-called 'skeptics' regarding the Indigo children - Fuck off. You haven't seen what we have seen. You can't feel what we feel. Our job is to change the world, and here you are trying to hold us back with your 'scientific theories and proof'. You were born in the years of scientific evolution and you learned, you taught yourself, to only follow science. Let me tell you this. There is so much more to this universe than your silly science. You need to let us do our job- it is of the utmost importance. When we are done, and the Rainbow and Crystal children replace us, you will see the world as you could have never imagined. Do not diagnose us. Do not doubt us. Trust us. The world will be an incredible place when we are done.