News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 14, 2013, 04:07:23 PM
Quote from: Polyethyline Glycol on August 14, 2013, 11:38:46 AM
Salvador Dali, everybody.

Heh, I was going to say, that sounds a lot like Dali.

Not an image, but on the subject of Dali, I recently found this YouTube clip of Salvador Dali appearing as a mystery guest on a 1950's gameshow called "What's My Line?" (9m21s). I thought it was pretty cool. After watching it, be sure to read the top comment as well, it made me LOL.

Even more off-topic to PICS, but it's a really cool song and it's got a nice vocal sample by Dali in the intro: Younger Brother - All I Want.

i love that clip.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Rococo Modem Basilisk

So, SMBC did a barstool variant today:

In other news:

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

I fucking hate "plurals".  First off, MPS is so rare as to be ALMOST non-existent.  Second, it's cosplay at the expense of people who are genuinely mentally ill.

Sort of like if you dressed in a hospital gown and shaved your head.  Then told everyone you were a cancer patient, as an excuse to act special.

Then, the whole rape thing; there are no words.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 15, 2013, 06:49:50 PM
I fucking hate "plurals".  First off, MPS is so rare as to be ALMOST non-existent.  Second, it's cosplay at the expense of people who are genuinely mentally ill.

Sort of like if you dressed in a hospital gown and shaved your head.  Then told everyone you were a cancer patient, as an excuse to act special.

YEP

It's pretty fucking noxious.

Cramulus

FURSECUTION

CLOP SHAMING

YOU ARE RACIST AGAINST CONTENT CREATORS

tyrannosaurus vex

If the revolution keeps being delayed, we're not going to have any walls big enough to line everyone up who deserves it.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on August 15, 2013, 07:34:22 PM
FURSECUTION

Guilty.

QuoteCLOP SHAMING

Guilty.

QuoteYOU ARE RACIST AGAINST CONTENT CREATORS

:lulz:

McGrupp

Yeah. There's still a lot of controversy in medicine as to whether DID even exists due to the many overlaps with other psychological ailments. If it does exist it's rare. It tends to come up most often in court cases for the insanity defense. Also many of the high profile cases, such as 'Sybil' or Shirley Mason, who later confessed to making it all up.

Even the reputable doctors that do accept it as a disorder don't believe that it results in distinct personalities.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: McGrupp on August 15, 2013, 07:57:47 PM

Yeah. There's still a lot of controversy in medicine as to whether DID even exists due to the many overlaps with other psychological ailments. If it does exist it's rare. It tends to come up most often in court cases for the insanity defense. Also many of the high profile cases, such as 'Sybil' or Shirley Mason, who later confessed to making it all up.

Even the reputable doctors that do accept it as a disorder don't believe that it results in distinct personalities.

They keep changing the name of it.   :argh!:

The only case I can recall was a guy with some form of brain damage who changed personalities twice.  Once on injury, and then much later on reverting to his original personality for reasons unknown.

People who change every 5 minutes are invariably bullshitters.

Now, I'd like to make a distinction between different personalities and different reality tunnels.  I switched to Doktor Howl here at the same time I made myself look at things differently in real life.  The personality was the same; the way perceptions were processed was intentionally and very slightly different.

Not the same thing at all, of course.