News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Things go boom

Started by LMNO, April 15, 2013, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Well. Look at that.

http://whowhatwhy.com/2014/05/17/todashevs-killer-no-wonder-his-identify-was-secret/#rssowlmlink

QuoteOn May 14, 2014, the Boston Globe identified Aaron McFarlane, 41, as the agent who emptied half his ammunition clip into Todashev. It uncovered his name by "removing improperly created redactions" in PDF files from the Florida report.

Digging through public records, the newspaper discovered McFarlane had been accused of brutality—twice—while serving as an Oakland police officer in lawsuits that were settled out of court. (McFarlane and another officer were allegedly beating up someone who had already been subdued when they noticed a bystander photographing the incident. Then they attacked the bystander.)

QuoteHe also took the Fifth Amendment and later testified under immunity during a corruption investigation into a rogue police unit called "The Riders" whose members were charged with making false arrests, planting evidence, and falsifying police reports. The city settled the federal lawsuit for $10.9 million. McFarlane wasn't charged in that case, or in three other internal affairs investigations, although a prosecutor accused him of being misleading.

McFarlane retired from the Oakland Police Department in 2004 on medical disability after repeatedly injuring his leg and breaking his ankle, securing a lifetime $52,000-a-year pension. Four years later he joined the FBI, raising questions about how he passed both the rigorous background check and the FBI's physical requirements.

So, nothing odd there.  Just a violent, potentially rogue cop who got retired on medical disability but somehow still got hired by the FBI and who shot Todashev in the head with a shotgun after Todashev miraculously made a confession about his involvement in a brutal triple murder a few years back, which he can no longer be questioned about.

Seems legit.

Bu🤠ns

MMIX

Damn it to hell; it sounds like the script for a bad spy movie
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

LMNO

Suu

That's bullshit is what it is.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

...also the FBI has never found an agent at fault in a lethal shooting. That's 100%. Evidently, they're not aware of the trick on multiple choice tests involving the words always, never, or every.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on April 16, 2013, 06:33:26 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 16, 2013, 06:21:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2013, 06:17:11 PM
Quote from: Pixie on April 16, 2013, 06:16:04 PM
Fucking THIS. Although, this may have shat on the golden goose for them. Anyway. American's funding the IRA is one of my "RAAARGH"  berserk button topics, so I should probably shut up.

It's not "America", it's 5th generation Irish-Americans who feel that they have to "help" in some manner, or they won't be real Irishmen.

There's probably a rant in how many stupid fucking things have been done so people feel like "Real Men"

Oh, gods. ^this^

Fucking THIS. Although, this may have shat on the golden goose for them. Anyway. American's funding the IRA is one of my "RAAARGH"  berserk button topics, so I should probably shut up.

It's not "America", it's 5th generation Irish-Americans who feel that they have to "help" in some manner, or they won't be real Irishmen.

I hate calling them Irish Americans. (they are fucking AMERICAN) Passport entitlement or GTFO. Growing up with MY surname and my dad in the 80's in the UK. Not good. Anyway. I should probably log out, as  NORAID and "Irish"-Americans is not a subject i can be charitable about, and I don't want to put my foot in my mouth or say something fucked up because of the shit I grew up in. Like being asked if my dad was a terrorist, and other racist bullshit.  I said some kind of fucked up shit post 9-11 related to all this. I know better now, but. emotive.

17th December 1978, there was a bomb planted in Southampton, 6 months before I was conceived. This is why my mum put her foot down about my first name being a explicitly Irish one.

This was the day I was told that my wife can't be Irish.

Good times.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 11, 2020, 12:20:21 AM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on April 16, 2013, 06:33:26 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 16, 2013, 06:21:20 PM

There's probably a rant in how many stupid fucking things have been done so people feel like "Real Men"

Oh, gods. ^this^

I hate calling them Irish Americans. (they are fucking AMERICAN) Passport entitlement or GTFO. Growing up with MY surname and my dad in the 80's in the UK. Not good. Anyway. I should probably log out, as  NORAID and "Irish"-Americans is not a subject i can be charitable about, and I don't want to put my foot in my mouth or say something fucked up because of the shit I grew up in. Like being asked if my dad was a terrorist, and other racist bullshit.  I said some kind of fucked up shit post 9-11 related to all this. I know better now, but. emotive.

17th December 1978, there was a bomb planted in Southampton, 6 months before I was conceived. This is why my mum put her foot down about my first name being a explicitly Irish one.

This was the day I was told that my wife can't be Irish.

Good times.

I'm only a little Irish. There's so much mixing in me that I am, as the old folks used to say, "Crossways between a fencerail and a sonofabitch."
We've been here in the US since 1640 and my ancestors apparently fucked whoever was handy at the time.
I am perfectly fine with this.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

My DNA tests said I am only minimally Irish, and my mom was pissed as hell.

But considering this year's census included questions as to answer what flavor of white we are, I think it somewhat matters in America.

Probably so Trump can come after my dago ass again. You know, us Italians took all the fucking jobs back in the last 20s. Or maybe they just want to find out how useless the 1924 Immigration Act actually was.

Either way, Jephph is very much on the, "I am an American" bandwagon. Not because he doesn't care about his ancestry, but because upstate NYers are apparently a horny bunch and it no longer matters in the grand scheme of things. I spat in the tube because we had questions that needed answering, and I found them.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on April 14, 2020, 10:30:11 PM

She should be.  At herself.

Those tests are 169% bullshit.  You're basically just paying to have your DNA entered into the national database.  The ethnicity is just made up bullshit.
Molon Lube

Bruno

I feel as though I should swab something, and send it in as my DNA, but I'm not sure what.

Ideas?
Formerly something else...

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 15, 2020, 01:23:08 AM
Quote from: Suu on April 14, 2020, 10:30:11 PM

She should be.  At herself.

Those tests are 169% bullshit.  You're basically just paying to have your DNA entered into the national database.  The ethnicity is just made up bullshit.
The Ancestry side of it is less accurate, the medical is a bit more accurate, I found out I had cystic fibrosis genes from there. But yeah, now the US government have my DNA on file which is more than I ever wanted them to know about me
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bruno on April 15, 2020, 09:31:36 AM
I feel as though I should swab something, and send it in as my DNA, but I'm not sure what.

Ideas?

A lizard.

Sign the form "Doktor Howl".
Molon Lube