News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Things go boom

Started by LMNO, April 15, 2013, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 15, 2013, 09:29:15 PM
were they all in the same general location?

Not mentioned.  All I know is in the post above.

Journalism student on the BBC being interviewed says there were rumours of police investigating claims of other bombs a couple of miles further south a short time ago, but there is no clear link to say these two are linked.

Nephew Twiddleton

Even though lmno covered it confirming that i am ok. I was studying in a restaurant.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

The two that went off were across the street from each other, one about a block north of the other (if the location of the explosions are accurate (Marathon Sports) and the Fairveiw Hotel.

Cain

Looking at the footage, the bomb was definitely in the hotel.  You can see the smoke coming out of it.

Cain

Some confused reporting on JFK Library. 

We have this which says the fire there was not due to a device.

But the BBC are reporting a device went off outside there.  BBC not clear if that is the site of the second explosion or the third, controlled explosion.

The two are not necessarily mutually incompatible, but I would like some clarification.

Boston PD is going to give a public statement in a few minutes.

Cain

A witness wrapped in a Mylar blanket tells ABC News he saw "the garbage can explode"

LMNO

The fire is not connected. Electrical fire. Confirmed by fire dept.

Suu

There are sick fucks in this world.

Sick.
Fucks.

Most of my friends in Boston have reported in safe, and it looks like Providence is sending reinforcements.

They need to calm that city down, and get people out of there. (And we all know how well that went on 1/31/2007.)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I'm glad you're okay; LMNO, Twid. I hope the rest of the devices are found and disposed of safely.

What a god damn mess.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

No-one has claimed responsibility so far.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 15, 2013, 09:59:09 PM
No-one has claimed responsibility so far.

Nobody claimed the Atlanta bombings, either.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Indeed.  It's becoming a more common theme in general, that.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Kennedy library makes me think right wingnut, but false flag does seem more likely.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

Quote from: stelz on April 15, 2013, 10:03:22 PM
Kennedy library makes me think right wingnut, but false flag does seem more likely.

How so?

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]