News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Things go boom

Started by LMNO, April 15, 2013, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: stelz on April 18, 2013, 04:44:46 AM
I can totally see them spinning a story like that, though. "Damn unbalanced kids are out of control".  :x :x :x

NO MORE RELOADING POWDER AND MANDATORY RITALIN UNTIL AGE 18

FOR THE CHILDREN
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

To sum up:

SCHRODINGER'S SUSPECT.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 18, 2013, 05:02:54 AM
To sum up:

SCHRODINGER'S SUSPECT.

One of the downsides of the Internet. We expect all the answers NOW.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 18, 2013, 05:14:47 AM
To sum up:

SCHRODINGER'S SUSPECT.

It's too bad that law enforcement doesn't actually use things like crowd-sourcing to solve crimes like this, instead letting all that effort get sucked into conspiracy theories.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: V3X on April 18, 2013, 05:17:43 AM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on April 18, 2013, 05:14:47 AM
To sum up:

SCHRODINGER'S SUSPECT.

It's too bad that law enforcement doesn't actually use things like crowd-sourcing to solve crimes like this, instead letting all that effort get sucked into conspiracy theories.

I imagine that they are. If I recall the BPD and FBI asked for any possible information. They might give some credence, even if it comes from InfoWars. Conspiracy theorists are good at noticing and pattern recognizing. It's just that they usually make the pattern fit the assumption.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I don't know if this needs its own thread or what. Do whatever.

More things going boom.

http://www.kwtx.com/news/local/headlines/Explosion-Injuries-Reported-At-West-Fertilizer-Plant-203505331.html

QuoteEmergency crews from throughout Central Texas responded just before 8 p.m. Wednesday after the first explosion at the plant in the small town north of Waco.

The explosion was reported at around 7:50 p.m. in a frantic radio call from the scene of the fire at West Fertilizer at 1471 Jerry Mashek Dr. just off Interstate 35.

The fire started in an anhydrous ammonia tank and spread to the building, authorities said.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 18, 2013, 06:22:06 AM

More things going boom.

http://www.kwtx.com/news/local/headlines/Explosion-Injuries-Reported-At-West-Fertilizer-Plant-203505331.html

QuoteEmergency crews from throughout Central Texas responded just before 8 p.m. Wednesday after the first explosion at the plant in the small town north of Waco.

The explosion was reported at around 7:50 p.m. in a frantic radio call from the scene of the fire at West Fertilizer at 1471 Jerry Mashek Dr. just off Interstate 35.

The fire started in an anhydrous ammonia tank and spread to the building, authorities said.

Industrial accidents are bad and this is bad, but it isn't in the same category as bombing civilians.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Fertilizer is notoriously dangerous when not treated with the proper amount of safety and respect.  There is a reason its often used in home made bombs.

But this looks like an industrial accident and nothing more.

Bruno

Maybe. Being just outside of Waco on the day before the anniversary of the Waco siege and the Oklahoma City Bombing makes it seem a little sketchy to me.
Formerly something else...

Cain

Anhydrous ammonia forms an explosive compound when in contact with air.  Turns out the factory in question lied about the risk their operation presented to the EPA. 

Quote from: BBCThe Dallas Morning News reported that West Fertilizer had told the Environmental Protection Agency that it presented no risk of fire or explosion.

The newspaper said it had seen documents in which the plant said it stored large amounts of anhydrous ammonia, but the worst scenario envisaged was a release of ammonia gas that would harm no-one.

Chances are that means they skipped on safety requirements as well.

If I see any evidence to indicate sabotage rather than accident, I may change my mind.  But based on the information we have, it looks like a terrible industrial accident.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 18, 2013, 07:17:00 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 18, 2013, 06:22:06 AM

More things going boom.

Industrial accidents are bad and this is bad, but it isn't in the same category as bombing civilians.

Somebody messaged me on facebook last night and asked if I was ok. I was wondering what that was about.

Yeah, totally different.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Elder Iptuous

besides, the Czech Stop is intact, so we can all still get our kolaches.  (that's the primary purpose for West, afaict.)

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 18, 2013, 02:16:04 PM
besides, the Czech Stop is intact, so we can all still get our kolaches.  (that's the primary purpose for West, afaict.)

But do you have Shiner to go with those?  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

So, some pictures of the site pre-bombing have been released on the internet.

If fucking 4chan and Reddit solve this before the FBI do... :argh!:

Junkenstein

Question - Say Anon correctly ID's the guy.

Is that evidence even admissible? Would this not help grounds for a future appeal?

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.