If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

How It Happened, Part 1

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 15, 2013, 04:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2013, 06:22:26 PM
Quote from: stelz on April 15, 2013, 05:46:46 PM
No Icarus wax wings to melt, Tucson FLOATS.

And says "When you're here with us, you'll float, too"?

No.  Hope floats.  In the toilet.

Tucson is just loose, is all.  It never wanted to be down there in the first place.

I want that embroidered on some kind of cross stitch sampler and framed.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2013, 04:41:34 PM
I guess I didn't know.  I guess I didn't know.  I guess I didn't know.  I guess I didn't know. 
I guess I didn't know.  I guess I didn't know.  I guess I didn't know.  I guess I didn't know. 
                                                                                                                      \

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uxwfohzuaE
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on April 16, 2013, 02:25:49 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2013, 04:41:34 PM
                                                                                                                      \

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uxwfohzuaE

Got it in one.  :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2013, 04:51:52 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 15, 2013, 04:46:14 PM
What happened to the people who went to explore the hole that was left?

They asphyxiated on 11,000 years of coyote poop that had been disturbed.  It was very sad.  The follow up team, in special environment suits, found fossils of people...most of whom seemed to have been caught by whatever it was, while they watched television.  Father Knows Best, is what the lab boys say. 

So they filled the pit in with gravel, and everyone pretended that Tucson never existed.  It was the only way to save face, after all.  We can't have the world knowing about this sort of shit.  It looks bad, and all the other world diplomats would laugh at John Kerry.

Look up "blue holes" sometime.  They're pits of water in the ocean (no shit), but the proper combination of depth and isolation from major currents renders the water in the lower depths devoid of any oxygen.  Sort of like a deep cenote. 

This sounds a lot like one of those.  A dead zone of cultural icons or relevance.  The place where bad ideas go to die.  Take a random item everyone would have recognized ONCE.  Like that fucking moon from the opening sequence of "The Honeymooners".  After the series wraps it goes into a box, a closet, a storage unit, a spare pile... all the places where you put things you're not ready to throw out yet, but at first glance have no use for (sentiment vs. sediment).  They eventually end up in one of these coyote shit "Brown Holes"

GO after one.  Sure, why not?  You might be able to pull out Marilyn Monroe or FDR's wheelchair.  Just anyplace you step is going to kick up a cloud of poison powder, JUST like certain calibers of bat shit.  Made sense we'd loose a city into one eventually...
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat