News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

On fucked Millennials:

Started by Suu, May 16, 2013, 07:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 20, 2013, 12:37:22 AM
Also, funnily enough, a recent study (which I sadly cannot find, because I generally dislike generational popsociowankery and so did not save) showed that Generation X will be the most hard hit by the financial crisis when it comes to retirement.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's not like most of us have any assets to speak of.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Johnny

Not directly related but:

This one vulture (politician) came to give us a sermon (conference) on how we the students of university have the burden (responsability) to make the country a better place.

Ill try to remember the details but, rather than "empowering the youth" it ends up being something among the lines of "well, we are, and were going to, plaster the walls with shit, and you have to clean it up with a toothbrush"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The mistake that my generation made, that I think the younger generation may be in danger of making, is assuming that because the wealthy and powerful people who make the decisions that fuck the rest of us over are mostly in their 40's-60's, therefore all people in their 40's-60's are making decisions that fuck younger people over.

Not so.

And the 20's-30's children of wealthy and powerful people are lining up to take their turn at fucking us all over some more as soon as they come into their own.

In the meantime, who's saying millennials are lazy? Fox News? Assholes who wrote articles for Forbes and Slate? It's just some diversionary and divisionary tactics, don't buy in. The reason your parents are working so hard to make sure you have a basement to come home to is because they KNOW there are no jobs for you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

I was googling generations last night and I found a new one:
http://www.generationjones.com/?page_id=6

Apparently the tail end of what used to be "Boomers" is now a separate generation that's "jonesin" to "keep up with the Joneses". Kind of an 80's redux: "All the radicals and hippies are yuppies now!"
Only there's not enough money going around for anybody to be "upwardly mobile". So they're JONESIN FOR MORE CHEAP SHIT FROM CHINA.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Johnny

"Don't trust anyone over 30"  :fnord:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Anna Mae Bollocks

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: stelz on May 23, 2013, 04:21:21 PM
I like this kid. http://www.salon.com/2013/05/22/9_year_old_slams_rahm_over_chicago_schools/

Ah damn, he rocks! No doubt someone will criticize him being "used as a tool" because so many people do have the "children are toys" mentality, and fail to realize that they are intelligent, articulate, passionate people with their own minds and drives.

Anna Mae Bollocks

AFAIC, that kid MEANT IT too much to be anybody's tool.  8)