News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

The Boston Human Wall

Started by Suu, April 18, 2013, 08:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I am home! Nobody got arrested. In fact, those pussies didn't even show up. We had one Truther who stood near us since we had the view of the President's motorcade, but he stayed out of trouble and held his sign, so we just let him be. We flooded the sidewalk with thousands of people in black with full support from Boston PD. I did NOT see the President, but I did see his car. Pretty much as soon as the Secret Service told us we needed to move, our departure was imminent, so we waited a bit longer (we had no idea what was going on inside, we couldn't hear/see) and then left to avoid the stampede. We beat them back by about 15 minutes. Grabbed lunch at Clery's which is next to Back Bay for a proper pint of English bitters, and then headed home. We didn't head over to the bomb site on Boylston, because I think my friend and I agreed it would have been an ultimate downer. The city seems in good spirits overall.

I was interviewed by a television station from Montreal, but I don't remember the name. My friend did make the guy laugh a bit when he told him he'd find no Canadiens fans here. He more or less wanted to know what we were doing there, and why. He also asked why the Westboro Baptist Church does what they do, to which I responded something to the likes of, "Some people just need a reason to get attention." But I was civil. He found it interesting that I came from Providence to Boston (really people, it's NOT. THAT. FAR.) and was very interested in how many people we had, and how we came together on short notice. So hopefully some of my Canadian friends can help me find what channel.

For the most part, we stood there, we had to deal with other people pushing through for a chance to see the Prez, but it didn't happen, and that's not what we were there for, anyway. Hopefully they'll see this on the news and take the damn hint they aren't welcome, because the same group of people will be going to the funerals and the bomb site as well to make sure they don't rear their ugly head.

I'd say it was 3 hours standing on a sidewalk staring at a church well spent.

...I need a fucking nap.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Suu

Not sure if Twid made it. He sent me a Facebook message that he wasn't sure. There were a lot of people, so I couldn't really find anyone other than who I came with. It was pretty packed. Some people not with us who were curious and wanted to see the president were kind of assholes, but that's to be expected in any city.

Like I said, we bugged out about 15 minutes early as to avoid the crazy when Obama got in his car and left for the hospital. Beer was necessary.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Pope Pixie Pickle

I saw the pics, it looked like a HUUUUUGE crowd.

Suu

The only number I heard was, "thousands."

I think the pedestrians were kinda pissed we blocked sidewalks, but Boston PD was helpful and friendly and thankful we were there. We also got cheers from people waiting in line for the service and from the press, who for the most part stayed out of our way except for some pics. Like I mentioned, I was interviewed I THINK by CTV Montreal, but I'm not sure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Didnt make it. Work deadline. Which is something im not very accustomed to. Ten hour day today.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Q. G. Pennyworth

Anna Mae Bollocks

EPIC.  :) Hope that Canadian TV bit gets youtubed!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

I got sunburned on my face. Worth it.

I really can't speak highly enough of Boston Police. They were awesome, friendly, and helpful. I also think they were bored out of their skulls and wanted to chat. The Secret Service were too busy being sneaky. I *think* there was a sniper on the roof next to us, because a lot of people stopped and pointed for a while, but I expected them.

Anonymous also showed up. The Police weren't too thrilled about the masks at first, but after they gave a good explanation they were allowed to keep them on AND police officers got pics with them.  :lulz:

A group also brought therapy dogs, and walked them around the crowd so people could get their "d'aww" in. I thought that was a nice gesture as well.  A professional chorus of sorts also showed up with us with intent to drown out the WBC should they act up, but since they didn't show, they sang America, The Beautiful for everyone as they left the church.