News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

GOP wants to get rid of overtime

Started by Pergamos, April 19, 2013, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04/04/1199127/-Republicans-propose-eliminating-overtime-pay-for-workers-in-exchange-for-family-friendly-sack-of-shi

They want to replace it with "flex time" Honestly, I'd be ok with this, if it were at the discretion of the employee, some employees would prefer to get time off.  As long as it is at the discretion of the employer though it is just another way to screw the working class.

The Good Reverend Roger

What's amazing is that 99% of their voters are on wage.  And they will find reasons to scream for this.

Funny thing:  Flex time already exists, at the employer's discretion.  If I have one of my mechanics work 12 hours today, I can, if I want, let him go home 4 hours early tomorrow, and there's no overtime.

So, the rationalization for this law is crap...Meaning, no overtime pay for you, get your ass back to work, and HELLOOOOOOOO, 1895 working conditions!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

It also makes no sense.  If you have 4 employees, and a constant supply of 200 hours of work a week, keeping working hours at 40 hours a week, no matter when they choose to do it, you will never get all the work done.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hammering that yam into our guts, one bill at a time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 19, 2013, 08:56:48 PM
Hammering that yam into our guts, one bill at a time.

The po'buckers will LOVE this.  That'll show those hippies!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

It never ceases to amaze me that people will vote for those who consistently propose legislation to fuck people over.

What's also amazing is that if it fails, it will just keep coming back.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

The South aside, most working class voters actually tend towards the Democrats, and increasingly so.

Region seems to be the stronger deciding factor, as whites of all incomes in the South show a greater probability for voting Republican.  Region and race, anyway.

von

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 21, 2013, 06:05:02 AM
I hate two party politics...

Then move somewhere where they have a parliamentary system, because Duverger's Law has NO EXCEPTIONS.

Pergamos

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 20, 2013, 11:54:06 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that people will vote for those who consistently propose legislation to fuck people over.

What's also amazing is that if it fails, it will just keep coming back.

Good old two man con...