News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

I Love My Job.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., April 20, 2013, 05:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Stupid shit happens at my job on a daily basis. I assume this is true for everyone. As I delight in turning internet memes into ways of fighting idiocy, I thought I would share. Apologies in advance for when I get super pissed off about something, probably safety related, that blows up and go on a ranting spree.

My co-worker, C, just got promoted to full time. She has been in our department less than the rest of us but in the store, as a whole, longer. No one else wanted her so we're stuck with her. A few nights ago, she started bossing me around. She ignored my repeated offers to shut the fuck up and die in a fire so finally I walked up to her and cupped my hands.

"Look, C, look!" I said, holding up my hands.

She tried to stare me down. I smiled. She got very pale and looked at my hands.

"There's nothing there," she said grumpily. "What am I looking at?"

"All the fucks I give. Shut the hell up and leave me alone."

"You're a bitch."

"Thank you for noticing."

This had the delightful effect of her giving me the silent treatment for six glorious hours. I've recommended this approach to all my other co-workers and told our boss what I did.

He laughed and walked away. Next, I will be to take a page from Suu's book and tell C that she's not my real mom.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 20, 2013, 05:39:37 AM
Stupid shit happens at my job on a daily basis. I assume this is true for everyone. As I delight in turning internet memes into ways of fighting idiocy, I thought I would share. Apologies in advance for when I get super pissed off about something, probably safety related, that blows up and go on a ranting spree.

My co-worker, C, just got promoted to full time. She has been in our department less than the rest of us but in the store, as a whole, longer. No one else wanted her so we're stuck with her. A few nights ago, she started bossing me around. She ignored my repeated offers to shut the fuck up and die in a fire so finally I walked up to her and cupped my hands.

"You're a bitch."

This had the delightful effect of her giving me the silent treatment for six glorious hours. I've recommended this approach to all my other co-workers and told our boss what I did.

He laughed and walked away. Next, I will be to take a page from Suu's book and tell C that she's not my real mom.

Ask her for help.  You don't know how it got there, and you can't get it out.

Refuse to give details.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 20, 2013, 05:42:29 AM

"You're a bitch."

Refuse to give details.

Duly noted! :D What pisses me off is that we don't do anything impressive or high tech or necessary to the world. We make god damn sandwiches and fry chicken. But the world goes sideways if it isn't done PERFECTLY the way whichever boss is in charge thinks it should be. And none of the bosses agree. It's god damn chicken and cold cuts. O.O

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 20, 2013, 05:47:26 AM

"You're a bitch."

Refuse to give details.

Duly noted! :D What pisses me off is that we don't do anything impressive or high tech or necessary to the world. We make god damn sandwiches and fry chicken. But the world goes sideways if it isn't done PERFECTLY the way whichever boss is in charge thinks it should be. And none of the bosses agree. It's god damn chicken and cold cuts. O.O

DUMBFUCK™ is not job specific.  DUMBFUCK™ is species specific.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 20, 2013, 06:05:24 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on April 20, 2013, 05:47:26 AM

"You're a bitch."

Refuse to give details.

DUMBFUCK™ is not job specific.  DUMBFUCK™ is species specific.

That is entirely disheartening. Must need more things stuck in odd places.

LMNO

To be fair, properly fried chicken is an ART.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 20, 2013, 07:50:16 AM
To be fair, properly fried chicken is an ART.

If she still works at my favorite grocery store, you're goddamn right it is. Their chicken is LIKE CRACK.

erm...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Today.

Today.

Well. Today the new person, Bee, clocks in, walks THROUGH our department and out the other end - past several waiting customers - and wanders off to talk to another worker.

We are the only two people working our department at the time.

I call Bee back. Instead of waiting on customers with me, Bee decides to stock some stuff instead. I have to tell Bee three more times to help wait on customers because they come first.

And that was the first five minutes. It sorta went downhill from there.

Summation is that I am a mean bully and I'm a hateful wretch because I make my co-workers work instead of fuck off.