News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Syria reported to have use Chemical Warfare

Started by Suu, April 23, 2013, 02:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The dividing line between a self-defence militia and a death squad is a very thin and somewhat arbitrary one.  When you've got armed goons on the streets, you've got a choice to make: join them, fight them, or stay out of it and hope being defenceless makes you too contemptible to be killed by rampaging militants.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on July 17, 2013, 02:38:35 PM
The dividing line between a self-defence militia and a death squad is a very thin and somewhat arbitrary one.  When you've got armed goons on the streets, you've got a choice to make: join them, fight them, or stay out of it and hope being defenceless makes you too contemptible to be killed by rampaging militants.

Those choices would seem to largely end in Death, Death and Death.

It seems they've learnt about choice and democracy already.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23777201

QuoteChemical weapons attacks have killed hundreds on the outskirts of Damascus, Syrian opposition activists say.

Rockets with toxic agents were launched at the suburbs of the Ghouta region early on Wednesday as part of a major bombardment on rebel forces, they say.

The Syrian army says the accusations have been fabricated to cover up rebel losses.

The main opposition alliance said that more than 1,000 people were killed by the attacks.

Activist networks also reported death tolls in the hundreds, but these could not be independently confirmed.

It is also not clear how many died in the bombardment of the sites and how many deaths were due to any exposure to toxic substances.

I'm sure everyone will be home in time for Christmas. In 2024.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Nah.  "Red line" wasn't a red line.  Despite neocon bitching, Obama isn't going to commit overtly, not except maybe in the face of complete defeat for the rebels.  Better to drag this thing out anyway, from an Israeli/Saudi/anti-Iran perspective, bleed Hezbollah, Assad and Tehran dry.

The Good Reverend Roger

Someone shot at the UN inspectors.

Now there's some real saber rattling going on.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

-

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2013, 07:58:10 PM
While it doesn't clinch it, this certainly makes me suspicious about the official narrative.

The Ghouta suburbs are a strategic area which the Syrian National Army recently had the upper hand in.  The fighting there has been constant for the last nine months, but the Syrian Army recently took the town.  The symptoms are inconsistent with a conventional chemical weapon like sarin or mustard, which Syria has in large quantities, and suggest the possibility this was not a conventional warfare gas.

Right away, those throw doubt on the motive and means.  And then, a UN inspection team is shot at?  That's one way to make the Syrian government, who dragged their feet authorizing the investigation, look even more guilty while achieving little except allowing the traces the weapons left to degrade even further.  A shooting won't make the UN leave the country.  So what purpose does it serve?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the Syrian government is not guilty here.  They might be.  There is just significant room for doubt at this stage, and something as advantageous to the rebel narrative as this makes me really suspicious.

I believe they were shot at.

I also believe that every single faction, including extranational factions, had an interest in shooting at them.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

-

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2013, 08:59:59 PM
So the evidence is undeniable, therefore there must be an investigation, but an investigation is unneeded because Syria is covering up and destroying evidence but the evidence is undeniable.

I smell REGIME CHANGE!

Good thing we won't wind up paying for this shit for two generations or more.  TOMORROW IS AN ABSTRACT CONCEPT.  THERE'S MONEY TO BE MADE ACCOUNTABILITY TO CONSIDER, HERE.

Cain

-

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2013, 09:02:35 PM
Syrian rebels also want to topple the regime in Lebanon, which they see as being in thrall to Hezbollah, and thus Iran, and thus the Global Shiite Conspiracy To Undermine Really Real Islam (for Realness).

I'm all about self-determination.  That region can worry about itself, AFAIC.  They want to toss the bastards out, let THEM do it.

But that's not what the whole thing is about, of course, at least not in the USA's eyes.

Cain

-

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 26, 2013, 09:08:20 PM
Oh, the rebels are quite explicit about who they want to do the toppling.  Hint: it's not them.  Why would they spend blood and treasure, when a pack of "patriotic" retards and scum on the take from the House of Saud will jabber and shout traitor at anyone who argues against the idea of using US troops instead.

Well, just wait til they get a load of the "transitional government" we'll install.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Cain

-